• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    My FIL recently purchased a Bersa Thunder9. It is no the "pro" model, but it sure feels and looks a little like a hi-power. Ambidextrous safety and 17rd mag. capacity. I actually didn't even know that Bersa made one that big, but my FIL told me they make if for the Argentine police. It is a nice gun and just wondered if any Ingoers might be able to give me some info one it.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    By what you mean not being the Pro model do you mean it does not have a rail? If so, I have one and it is one of my favorite guns. It is not made in the same factory as the .380's and does not have the key safety lock. This is pic of the version I have. You can use most Beretta 92 holsters for it. For the money I don't think you can beat it with some guns that cost more.

bersathunder9.jpg

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    It's pretty much a Walther P88 clone, FWIW (and you remember what those used to go for in the late '80s . . . .). When I was down in Argentina a couple years ago, those things were in every police holster that I saw.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It's pretty much a Walther P88 clone, FWIW (and you remember what those used to go for in the late '80s . . . .). When I was down in Argentina a couple years ago, those things were in every police holster that I saw.

I never knew that but it sure is and at 1/3 the price.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Great shooter-wife's 2nd handgun-she still says it's her favorite. Can't beat the price.My son found one marked down at MC sports a few years back-he snatched it up in a hurry(last one they had)-knowing how mom loved hers.Probably the best $315 he spent in a long time. Only drawback I can see-extra mags are kinda pricey.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great shooter-wife's 2nd handgun-she still says it's her favorite. Can't beat the price.My son found one marked down at MC sports a few years back-he snatched it up in a hurry(last one they had)-knowing how mom loved hers.Probably the best $315 he spent in a long time. Only drawback I can see-extra mags are kinda pricey.

I bought mine new at the 1500 a few years ago for $305. Best price I have seen on them.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    bersa thunder pro

My FIL recently purchased a Bersa Thunder9. It is no the "pro" model, but it sure feels and looks a little like a hi-power. Ambidextrous safety and 17rd mag. capacity. I actually didn't even know that Bersa made one that big, but my FIL told me they make if for the Argentine police. It is a nice gun and just wondered if any Ingoers might be able to give me some info one it.

Mine came from the factory with a broken extractor. (lower half, so it probably extracted the test round.) I Changed it out for $8.00 (cost of new extractor) shot 200 failure free rounds sold it for what I I Paid for it. ($375) Their (Bersa) heat treating process is kind of on the shaky side (that was my day job for 30 years, so I know heat treat), I really didn't feel like it could be a trusted EDC. Very accurate gun.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    By what you mean not being the Pro model do you mean it does not have a rail? If so, I have one and it is one of my favorite guns. It is not made in the same factory as the .380's and does not have the key safety lock. This is pic of the version I have. You can use most Beretta 92 holsters for it. For the money I don't think you can beat it with some guns that cost more.

bersathunder9.jpg
    Correct no rail. He got it for a little less than $300, only one mag. though.

Top Bottom