• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I've decided to make a case of hollowpoints. But since I havnt bought hollowpoints in awhile, which ones are the best/expand the most? I'd like to try a sample pack and see how they feed before I buy 1,000 of them.

So which ones are the best and where can I find them?

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Will be a federal hst or winchester ranger for the most expansion, I think they are both around 1" total

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've decided to make a case of hollowpoints. But since I havnt bought hollowpoints in awhile, which ones are the best/expand the most? I'd like to try a sample pack and see how they feed before I buy 1,000 of them.

So which ones are the best and where can I find them?

Since you are planning on making the ammo, you'll be limited to those bullets that are available for purchase and I don't believe Federal HST and Winchester SXT are available. Speer Gold Dots are available and expand just fine. Hornady makes some decent hollow points as well, but I'd go with Gold Dots all else being equal. The Barnes stuff is supposed to be really good, I just don't have any experience with them what-so-ever.

Where to find them? Well the internet sells anything that's sold, but if you are wanting a local source, that's a good question. Hornady you can find lots of places, I've seen Barnes bullets in some places like The Outdoorsman in Greenwood, perhaps Plainfield Shooting Supplies carries them.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    .451 230gr Speer Gold Dot component bullets have been nearly impossible to find for the past 6 months. All i have been able to get are .355 124gr and .357 125gr lately.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    :popcorn:

2 more pages Id bet.
    And I will say any quality ammo will do and most of the rest is salesmanship. However I DID pick GoldDot.

Top Bottom