• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Looking to buy this weekend if the price is right. My favorite so far is the S&W MP, 9MM. I've also looked at the Ruger SR9C. When demonstrated, th MP appeared to break down a bit easier. I've shot the MP, & liked the feel of the gun. Does anyone have a reasonable preference other than buy a gun that fits in ur hand and feels good? My budget is low, so no Kimber's or Colt's will be an option. However, if u like a certain gun that fits into the subject header category, I would be interested in listening for future purchases.

Thanks in Advance,

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Les Baer

Ed Brown

USFA

Many custom makers.

What are you looking for???:dunno:

Best guns for the money? Best value?

If so, I'd think it would be a tie between the Ruger 22/45 and the Smith and Wesson 22A. Lots of gun for the money.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Smith & Wesson MP9. Bought one almost a year ago, 2000+ rounds without a single problem. Plus I love the 3 backstraps. I use the large, wife uses the middle on and it fits both our hands perfectly.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    What does it matter if it's american made? At the end of the day I want a good gun, the country of origin tells me nothing of its quality or reliability.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What does it matter if it's american made? At the end of the day I want a good gun, the country of origin tells me nothing of its quality or reliability.

Indeed. There are many great foreign-made guns and domestic pieces of crap out there. Buy on quality, features and price, and worry about brand later.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

I agree. Besides, many good Americans have jobs as a result of the manfacture and sale of "foreign" guns. Go Beretta USA!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    FN's are made here. Personally don't like the feel of them. Heard many good things about the S&W MP's. Over and over the wise men of the forum will tell you to go with FEELS BEST TO YOU. If possible handle them side by side before making the buy. Always wanted a Glock until I compared side by side. Gun shows are the best for this.

After all it is your gun.

Me looking to buy but haven't got to handle many Kahr's or have been able to get a handle on a good price for one. Going to look at some more MP's also.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Thanks to everyone for their reply, greatly appreciated. Can't wait to head to the Tipton County gun show tomorrow. Hope to look at a few guns I have my eye on and get a hands on feel on all of them.

Thanks Again,

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Looking to buy this weekend if the price is right. My favorite so far is the S&W MP, 9MM. I've also looked at the Ruger SR9C. When demonstrated, th MP appeared to break down a bit easier. I've shot the MP, & liked the feel of the gun. Does anyone have a reasonable preference other than buy a gun that fits in ur hand and feels good? My budget is low, so no Kimber's or Colt's will be an option. However, if u like a certain gun that fits into the subject header category, I would be interested in listening for future purchases.

Thanks in Advance,

I've had 2 SR9's and one SR9c, and they were all fantastic. They were plenty easy to break down, so if the MP is easier, it must be amazing. I've shot the MP, as well and loved it, too. The Rugers were less money, and fit my hand perfectly, so that was the deciding factor for me. Btw, I've never had any failure of any kind with any of mine. They all eat any ammo put in them. I also liked their narrow width, too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom