• ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I photographed a wedding yesterday.

Groom is a staff sgt in the US Army, and wore his dress blues in the outdoor ceremony (and the mister collapse from heat exhaustion!).

At the reception, the Bride and Groom disappeared for a few moments to exchange gifts. At the end of the evening, I asked the bride what she got.

She went to her luggage and pulled out a familiar black plastic case and opened it to show a Taurus PINK 40 cal Semi Auto Pistol. (I know... the text is purple... but the pink doesn't show up well ;))

The groom wandered by at that point, and said he had written his vows to both "honor and protect" her. Since he can't always live at home due to military commitments, he wanted to give her the gift of security.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My nephew is getting married this year, their wedding present from Dad and I is a very well tuned M1 Carbine, a 10/22 set up with carbine stock and Tech Sights, a 1000 rounds of 30 Carbine and 5000 round of 22, slings, extra mags, other accessories. This will serve ar a training rifle and HD carbine for the bride mainly.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    That's one of the most romantic things I've heard in quite awhile. I can't think of a better Bride's gift. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Thats awesome! The Mrs. wasn't into firearms so much when we got married (photoshooter shot our wedding) but shes coming around. Last week she actually went to a gun auction with me and she bought one for herself! Back on subject though she didn't seem to mind the jewelry she got as a wedding gift.

Top Bottom