• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol no such thing. buy as many as you can they will all serve a great purpose :) off the top of my head though I'll list a few. I suppose it depends on what you plan on doing with it. are you going to be out walking all day swinging it non stop or will it be on the atv ect. either way.

some are expensive some are not.

the tops machete is very nice and can be had through our local knife crack dealers brad and sheila. it will run you around 90-120

Tops Machete .230. 22 1/2" overall. 15 1/2" 1095 high carbon steel blade with gray traction coating. Black linen micarta handles. Black ballistic nylon sheath with two accessory pockets

then there is the fiddleback machete's. you can get them in 12 14 16 18 inch lengths. they have the most comfortable handles ever. outstanding in all aspects. these will run you $110 but come with no sheath.

Esee machete. it's a rehandled tram I believe or condor. either way it's very nice and comes with a sheath. good micarta handles on it. I think they are price around 60 dollar? very nice also.

If your budget minded check out all the offerings from condor. they have some great blades at great prices that usually come with sheaths. very solid stuff here also

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have an Ontario Knife machete that I bought at an Army surplus store when I was about 14, I am now 50. It has seen hard use for all of these years and still serves me well. I have cleared trails, cut down trees, and chopped anything I have wanted and it still keeps going. It takes and holds a good edge, a few strokes with a file and it is ready to go again. The only trouble I have ever had with it was I broke the handle years ago when I was young and trying to throw it. Replaced the handle with a piece of micarta and it still wears that handle. Might be better machetes out there but I wouldn't know as I have never had the need to try anything else. Can't remember what I paid for mine, but they run about $30.00 now. Like a good gun get as many different ones in your hands as you can and see what feel best to you.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Scrap Yard 1311 for a small machete :D

I'm a fan of Ontario, great heat treat and tough finish.

Blind Horse seems to make good ones but I've never used one before

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I have a Esee Machete. Its been throuh tons of abuse and holds up great. The nylon sheath hasnt though. I'd definately recommend one but buy a better sheath!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've beat the ever loving hell out of my ESEE one. The Fiskars / Gerber Brush Axe, Woodsman Pal, and Ontario offerings have all served me well too though. Or take it to the next lever with a SRKW Waki :yesway:

Top Bottom