• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poormedstudent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Ive been looking for a Semi-auto Browning 1919 with tripod, spade grip, and all accessories for some time now... Ive noticed that several makers claim to make the only "quality" gun on the market... I was just wondering if anyone has, has had, or knows of a quality, built to last 1919 for a reasonable price (~$2000 with all accessories)

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I have some experience with them....The only part they really make is the side plate I don't see how there could be much difference. 1919's are pretty simple once you figure them out a little. I suggest buying an AGI gunsmithing video for the 1919. I have switched parts from a kit to a completed rifle it's all pretty much the same stuff. The guy from Ohio Ordnance Works that is usually at the 1500 has lots of parts and knowledge. He has helped me out a few times. Watch the mainspring when you are taking it apart.....It will put you eye out kid;)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Some extra help

I do not mean to imply that there is Only one Best Builder.. In anyone I say or leave out because there are some very good builders out there.. (also some bad)

One who I have heard nothing but good from is John B McGuire out of McMinnville, TN

If I may be so bold go over to the Newsgroup 1919a4.com a belt feed newsgroup that specializes in just such questions.. Also some people on board that can help with all levels of the problems and Joys that a 1919a4 can give..

Mike

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Have you been exposed to the 1919A4 web site? That place is a gold mine of info. There are a couple of guys in Indiana that are THE go to guys. Check it out.

Top Bottom