• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    i was doing research on the kimber ten ii.1911 polymer frame double stack mag. and then found out they stopped making them. anyone ever shot one or owned one. very curious and if i can find one id be really interested to buy. just unsure. what do you think?

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    just purchased one from a fellow ingo member. very nice guy and the kimber polymer is fantastic. but suprised its only two ounces lighter than my aluminum frame. after i put it on the scale.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have a Kimber polymer that I bought before the 10 round madness. My mags hold 13. The Kimber mags became unavailable so I modded 4 of my Para-Ordnance mags to work. It was not very hard.

It is my absolute favorite 1911 for daily carry. It weighs the same as any of my steel frame Colts and carries more rounds. It has a great trigger and is super accurate.

I don't mean to be teasing you, but I really do like it. A lot. It would take a lot to pry it out of my hands.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    No I don't. I was not paying attention 15 years ago. I am grateful that I got mine though before they were discontinued.

I am pretty sure you will like yours. The square trigger guard makes it difficult to find a holster though. I use a Glock 21 leather holster. It works OK, but is not perfect. I just have never been able to bring myself to round the front of the trigger guard to make it fit a standard 1911 holster.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    mine has a rounded trigger guard. looks identical to.
    my other kimber. besides the polymer obviously. its a pro model. not sure if that makes a difference

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Was uber interested in them a while back: They seemed to run the gamut of the folks here (love 'em to death) to jammomatics with any ammo/mags. I guess if you get a good one, they are good to go!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I consider myself a "1911 Guy" and have never seen one of these. Thanks for the post.

Although, now, I have to have one!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    1911glock.jpg