• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Kempf's in Michigan City is decent. It's a lot friendlier since Sue took over.
    They usually have a decent selection, price is usually fair.
    Only downside is they handle Lee, which I've used for years with good results, but if you're looking for RCBS etc. look somewhere else.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Been getting primers and jacketed rifle bullets at Cabela's.
    Plated stuff for pistols I generally get in bulk on line.
    For powder I've had the best luck at the Crown Point or Valpo shows. Occasionally Cabela's will get in some powder, but it always goes fast.
    Gander and Bass Pro never seem to have much in stock these days, so I rarely stop.
    Had enough bad experiences at Kempf's. No plans to ever go back.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well Indiana Bullets is normally at the Crown Point gun show and they have the best quality/price on lead pistol bullets I can find but you have to hit them at the show to get them.

Cabelas, Kempf's, and occasionally Bass Pro shop has some stuff too.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Jacketed rifle bullets I get on line as well. For led pistol bullets I use this guy. Been buying from him for years. It's a little one man show that only opens his shopping cart on sat. mornings. Pretty clean for lead IMO.

Primers = shows and cabellas
    Powder = Shows and online when buying in bulk to help spread out the haz. fees. In a pinch, Bass pro has come though for things like 2400 and a few other powders.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I also hit Valpo or CP shows for powder and primers. Everything else can be had on-line. Cabelas is hit or miss and high priced. Not bad if on sale and you have points to use.

Kankakee show also generally has stuff.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Well Indiana Bullets is normally at the Crown Point gun show and they have the best quality/price on lead pistol bullets I can find but you have to hit them at the show to get them.

Cabelas, Kempf's, and occasionally Bass Pro shop has some stuff too.

Had a really bad batch of lead bullets from IBC - NEVER making that mistake again. I get plated bullets from Berry's, mostly.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Had a really bad batch of lead bullets from IBC - NEVER making that mistake again. I get plated bullets from Berry's, mostly.

I opened a box of the IBC at a show before slapping the cash down. I was shocked at what I saw. They were rough as a cob and most had lube problems. Glad I spared myself the frustration.

Only shooting plated now. Worth the extra money.

Top Bottom