• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    My 8 year old son is wanting a bow for his birthday coming up next month. He started shooting this past summer at camp and now wants one of his own. I have never shot one or have any experience with them so have no idea what would be the best choice of one for a soon to be 9 year old.

jdklvans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Michiana
    Make sure you talk to several people at archery shops and weigh out their info. It helped me to make the best decision and not break the bank. My son was 14 at the time I think. Good luck.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I like the PSE Chaos he will be able to keep using it for years the limbs can be changed inexpensively

beat me by a minute:D

+2 for the pse chaos. i got one for the wife (4-11 115lbs) and she loves it, plus its almost as fast as my old (4-5 years) bear bow. her bow is on 35lbs mine is on 70lbs

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    Even though he is only 8 about to be 9 he has been online looking at bows and he wants a Matthews z7 extreme I think is what he said. I looked online and think it is a little too much for a starter bow.

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    Even though he is only 8 about to be 9 he has been online looking at bows and he wants a Matthews z7 extreme I think is what he said. I looked online and think it is a little too much for a starter bow.

way too much for a starter bow I doubt he can draw it. I have a PSE mossy Oak X One son has a new bowmadness xs and the other a Chaos The youngest is ten. Great bows

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

i dont remember for sure but i believe the chaos cost me around 275.

id like a mathews to but i can afford a bear

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    i dont remember for sure but i believe the chaos cost me around 275.

id like a mathews to but i can afford a bear

I paid under 300 set up and ready to hunt with I have shot it and it is a good bow 10 year old is deadly with it keeps shooting the fletching off arrows practicing

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    the chaos has adjustable cams so it can grow with the kid. im not saying this is the best bow out there at all. im far from a bow guy and this is way out of my area of experties. but im pretty pleased with the one i got

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    Money isn't an issue just don't want to get him one he will out grow in a year or two. Looked at the chaos online and come in different draw what would be best? Leaning more toward the 50 as he is above average in his size and strength for his age.

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    Wanna give a special thanks to 42769vette for helping me out twice in one night first in giving me insight on a different brand scope then on a bow for my son. This is why I joined INGO.

Top Bottom