• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Okay, I think all of the meat has passed through my system and I have awakened from my "meat induced coma" This is a place that I feel everyone who enjoys large quantities of meat should enjoy at least once. I would recommend going for lunch though as it is the same food for $20.00 less. All of the different beef dishes were great except for the bacon wrapped filets. I know, how can you go wrong with bacon but it over powered the flavor of the beef. We all thought that the parmesan crusted pork was a little too dry and chewy but there were so many other choices that it didn't matter. The lamb chops were incredible. I thought I made the best lamb chops but these were right up there.

Service was wonderful. We were celebrating a birthday and they made sure that we wanted for nothing. ( I also believe that all patrons received similar level of service.) Several items on the salad bar were well worth trying such as the prosciutto, capicola and the cheeses. My son's girlfriend is a French trained chef and I trust here opinions on food and she was suitably impressed.

Truly an evening that you don't mind spending enough to buy a nice pistol on, and yes we did it up with drinks, wine, desert and coffe drinks afterward.

Last edited:

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Caipirinha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not sure if they use good cachaca though. either way drink the night away! just don't get soda because they are $4 and in the mini bottles.

Tylers right caipirinha is the drink to get (pronounced ky peer een ya). They may make it with rum rather than cachaca, but it still works out ok. It's considered the national drink of Brasil, and would be great for celebrating a 21st bday.

Fogo De Chao is the Mecca for carnivores. If you like meat, it's worth every penny.

Enjoy

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Tylers right caipirinha is the drink to get (pronounced ky peer een ya). They may make it with rum rather than cachaca, but it still works out ok. It's considered the national drink of Brasil, and would be great for celebrating a 21st bday.

Fogo De Chao is the Mecca for carnivores. If you like meat, it's worth every penny.

Enjoy

Yup he had 1 of those. I tasted it and it was very refreshing. I stuck with Makers Mark and a bottle of Cab.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    I was just there for my 23rd birthday that same weekend. The salad bar is really good.. and that's how they get you. You want to fill up on the salad and bread (which is cheap for them) before you get the good stuff. Also, they don't serve lunch on the weekends, which sucks. But overall, my 2nd favorite steak place - behind St. Elmo.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, I'm finally going to this Mecca of Meat on Saturday. I was curious what the dress code is. We are going to celebrate my wife's birthday, and I have things planned before, so we won't be able to change clothes. Is it a dress slacks/shirt type of place or khakis and polo? What about shorts? Thanks. My mouth is already watering just thinking about it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is it a dress slacks/shirt type of place or khakis and polo? What about shorts?

You'll see most folks in business casual with a sprinkling of more formal suites/ties/evening dresses. The atmosphere isn't "stuffy" like some places.

Last time we were there I did see a family with their 3 kids and they were dressed fairly casual with khakis and sweatshirts.

I wouldn't recommend shorts but I don't think you'll be kicked out for wearing them.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Best strategies from a carnivore's perspective.

1. Go at lunch and walk out paying around 35-50$ per head vs. 60-75$ per head depending on drinks/gratuity.

2. Wear comfortable clothes. Business casual seems to be the standard. You'll see a LOT of suits in there at lunch but that's just because it's downtown.

3. I ate VERY small meals for about 36 hours before going and made sure to "evacuate" my bowels well the day of and day prior to going by eating a LOT more roughage than I generally take in.

4. Don't completely avoid the salad bar, just the salad. There are a lot of great cheeses and other nibbles that compliment the primary meat courses nicely.

5. Try not to load up on the Sausages, Sirloin beef or Chicken. (Although I always sample them, I don't "Stack" them like I do other meats). I tend to focus on the filet and lamb chops but I make sure to get one of everything.

6. Enjoy!! You're about to partake in one of the finest "Meat Meals" available in Indianapolis.

tomc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A couple of years ago my brother, dad and I went there when my mom went out of town (she never approved of the place). We feasted like kings, but when we were done we were all so done with meat that we went vegetarian for a week. Mom never figured out why we were so into our veggies that week.

Top Bottom