Best Weber retailer in indy? Broil Kings anyone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    So I struck out on buying a Weber Genesis E-330 as there's not a single Lowes that has one. Tried the place in Wanamaker as well. Don't want to spend the extra $160 on stainless. Any other big dealers with good inventory?

Came across this grill at Lowes and was quite impressed. I can get 10% off of it at least. Review on Broil Kings on consumerreports.com not overly impressive though.

Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring

Want it to be last grill I buy for decades.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Check Sullivan Hardware, their flagship store is 71st and Keystone.. I've heard Sullivan on WIBC pimping the Webers on his Saturday morning callin show. They just had a big event a weekend or two ago, so stock may be low. If you want it to be the last grill you buy, then you want Weber.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I saw a floor model of the weber and broil king. The broil king was every bit as heavy duty as the weber and a bit more IMO.

I'll give them a try in the morning. Otherwise I may get that broil king.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Wait for a Weber......

I haven't fired up the smoker or grill in 2014. Gone too much to get the pork butts on the smoker and my grates are falling apart.

Not waiting a week to get one as having 2 consecutive days off in a row as I'm going through DT's not getting some food off of either. Better yet, I'll have to do both for next 2 days off.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I haven't fired up the smoker or grill in 2014. Gone too much to get the pork butts on the smoker and my grates are falling apart.

Not waiting a week to get one as having 2 consecutive days off in a row as I'm going through DT's not getting some food off of either. Better yet, I'll have to do both for next 2 days off.

If you haven't fired up a grill or smoker yet this year, another week won't kill you and your patience will be greatly rewarded.

We've grilled out at least 20 times already this year.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Any lowes can get you one, they just might be special order and take a week to get in. Check Ace Hardware. Weber > Broil King. I'm not impressed with the BK's at all.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Any lowes can get you one, they just might be special order and take a week to get in. Check Ace Hardware. Weber > Broil King. I'm not impressed with the BK's at all.

I know they can get it-I'm just not waiting a week to get one. I'm calling a few other stores this morning, but I'm not going to be overly impressed if you cannot walk into every single Weber retailer in Indy and not come away with the grill you want that day.

I'm not overly thrilled with Weber's pricing policy either.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Found one. They want to charge $50 more than Lowes. Major fail. "But Lowes gives you one in a box"

Um, no, they will assemble and deliver it for $799 through 7/14.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Lowes 0288 shows 8 genesis e330 black in stock
    lowes 1191 shows 6 (same)
    lowes 1525 shows 18

Those 3 also have copper e330's in stock

Interesting-

When I selected my local store and then attempt to change store, they all showed 0. Not a very good tool for checking inventory nearby apparently.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Those numbers were from the internal computer inventory system.

0288 is 82nd and I69
    1525 is Carmel, on 31
    1191 is Noblesville

i would call before I made the drive, those stores are listed as stock stores for those items (meaning they have them in stock, unlike the others who they are special order for), but the system only shows me what they should have, not if it belongs to someone and they haven't picked it up or it's waiting on delivery.

Top Bottom