• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bought one of their spotting scope phone adapters at the NRAAM. First they screwed up and double charged me sales tax. They made good with a cash refund on the spot when I pointed it out. So that was good.

But now that I have had a chance to try it, I found it does not work with my phone/scope for multiple reasons.

I've been trying to reach them via multiple emails since last Monday. They do not respond to emails, and when I try to call them to get an RMA #, I reach an answering service that is quite possibly AI driven "Because no one is in the office due to the covid19 pandemic" Dafu????

And they make it clear on the website through a disclaimer that they will just "lose" your product and offer no refund or warranty if you send it back for repair or refund without an RMA#.

I left a message a few minutes ago, but I suspect that will be ignored as well. I'll give them a couple more days and then file a credit card dispute.

Oh, and the owner makes no attempt at hiding this is a side gig for him. Only the website is branded. Both the phone answering service and his Square account list his basement waterproofing biz as the business name.

It may work for you. Just understand if you buy it, practically speaking, all sales are final and there is no warranty.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update: One of the guys called me today. "coincidentally" he just got the email today. Not sure if he meant one of the two I sent last week, or the email from the call center. As I type this, I'm sure it was from the call center because I didnt give him my phone number in either email to them.

He did his best to troubleshoot the issue (even though there really isnt anything left to troubleshoot. its just not compatible with my scope due to eye relief and how it focuses and zooms) He said the other guy was more tech savvy and he'll have him call me to discuss. Even though I said outright I was done and was ready to return it and would accept the restock fee. He apparently REALLY doesnt even want to do a partial refund because he ignored my statement and pressed on with troubleshooting.

We will see if his partner calls me tomorrow.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I simply bought an SLR adapter for my Celestron spotter. Granted it’s not quite as convenient as having a live image on your phone or tablet but I get a live image in the camera screen and can snapshot it if I wish. A cheapskates solution that doesn’t require an app.

IMG_4221.jpeg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I simply bought an SLR adapter for my Celestron spotter. Granted it’s not quite as convenient as having a live image on your phone or tablet but I get a live image in the camera screen and can snapshot it if I wish. A cheapskates solution that doesn’t require an app.
    This was supposed to be a cheaper-skate option. No 3rd party app needed. just fire up the camera app and look at the screen instead of putting your eye up to it. but it doesnt work with scopes that have adjustments on the eyepiece.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    This was supposed to be a cheaper-skate option. No 3rd party app needed. just fire up the camera app and look at the screen instead of putting your eye up to it. but it doesnt work with scopes that have adjustments on the eyepiece.

It's not the cheaper skate option, but nova grade has by far the best design, and function on the market.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's not the cheaper skate option, but nova grade has by far the best design, and function on the market.
    I learned that my issue isnt so much the iscope, its my scope. It just doesnt work with less than zero eye relief scopes that have eyepiece adjustments. The only way to make this work is to drop more $$ than I am comfortable with on a new scope.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Joe called me this AM and did his best to help sort things out. Nice guy. But unfortunately the product only works on spotting scopes with at least a LITTLE eye relief, and no controls on the eyepiece. Since it clamps to the eyepiece, if the eyepiece rotates, so will the mount. In my case it would slowly creep as the phone is pulled down by gravity. (and cause it to change zoom)

He finally had me ship it back and said there was no need for an RMA even though the website clearly states you need one.

So they will take care of you if you manage to reach them.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Joe called me this AM and did his best to help sort things out. Nice guy. But unfortunately the product only works on spotting scopes with at least a LITTLE eye relief, and no controls on the eyepiece. Since it clamps to the eyepiece, if the eyepiece rotates, so will the mount. In my case it would slowly creep as the phone is pulled down by gravity. (and cause it to change zoom)

He finally had me ship it back and said there was no need for an RMA even though the website clearly states you need one.

So they will take care of you if you manage to reach them.
    I believe I would put delivery confirmation and signature required on the package. It's not much insurance, but it sounds like it may get "lost". With the signature, it shows it was delivered and acknowledged.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Still waiting on the refund. I called the guy last friday, a week and a day after they received it and got no answer so I left VM. He called Monday afternoon and said he had been out of town but "will issue the refund tomorrow". Still nothing. (My card tends to show refunds within 48 hours, tops. Its a responsive bank)

Monday I will call my bank and issue a chargeback. I'm done playing.

This is literally a company running out of a guy's garage. (practically speaking)

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom