• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Curious how everyone handles this. If a second shot is needed, how do you carry your pellets, projectile and cap for easy load. I see some of these items like TC arms 4 in 1 quick loader, tc arms flex loader tube etc....

The 4 in 1 interests me since it says it serves as a bullet starter as well. Just curious.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I use those little plastic tubes with Pyrodex Pellets and Powerbelt bullets. I did come up with a little trick a few years ago. I have one on those little plastic sticks to hold my 209 primer when I'm wearing gloves. Well, I taped it to the tube so I only have to get out and hold I thing instead of 2.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ive got a couple of quick loaders that my dad uses (I THINK they are TC, but not sure). Flip the cap open and dump the powder down the barrel. The bullet/sabot are held on the other end and barely stick out the bottom. Put that little part in the barrel and smack the top of the loader to get the bullet started down the barrel. ramrod the rest od the way down. Take out a seperate tube in my shirt pocket that has a couple primers in it and prime the rifle. Ready to go. Have never done it in a huge hurry (I dont like to rush things when dealing with my muzzleloader) but it doesnt take more than a minute or so.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Ive got a couple of quick loaders that my dad uses (I THINK they are TC, but not sure). Flip the cap open and dump the powder down the barrel. The bullet/sabot are held on the other end and barely stick out the bottom. Put that little part in the barrel and smack the top of the loader to get the bullet started down the barrel. ramrod the rest od the way down. Take out a seperate tube in my shirt pocket that has a couple primers in it and prime the rifle. Ready to go. Have never done it in a huge hurry (I dont like to rush things when dealing with my muzzleloader) but it doesnt take more than a minute or so.
    This is what I do...

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    I'm with everyone else. I use the small quick load tubes with the pyrodex pellets and bullet staged for quick reload. A word of caution though...wait a second before reloading after shooting. A few unfortunate folks dumped powder and started loading the bullet when remaining embers from the last round ignited the fresh powder with tragic results.

Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    I use powder, not pellets, and found that an old 35mm film case with a pre-measured load is great to carry in a jacket pocket. I also drop the bullet and a single primer down one of the shortened tubes and also carry it in the same pocket. Makes for a convenient (and cheap) way to reload in the field.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I have shot so many years down at Friendship, I just use my regular bag (each rifle has it's own bag). I can reach in without looking and find my measure, patches, balls etc. The Seneca Run down at F/ship involves a 300 yd round trip course loading and shooting 5 targets. Have to do it in under 10 minutes. That should be plenty fast for deer hunting.
    I have on occasion gave tried stuffing stuff in my pockets but can't remember what's where. The bag I am confident with.

Top Bottom