• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a few rounds of this laying around that I keep for a rainy day like if all h*** were to break loose and I have to stop a vehicle dead in its tracks (I dont have a 50 bmg:() lol I was wondering if anybody ever tested this ammo for its capabilities and just looking maybe for a little more info on it the headstamp is LC 53. I know what the 53 is lol is the LC Lake city? what all can it penetrate? if its really good stuff I might find some more to stockpile:rockwoot:

33cam8h.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...is the LC Lake city?

Yep.

what all can it penetrate?

"It goes through armor... and it goes through the victim, through the wall, through a tree outside. It shoots through schools..."
    - Danny Vermin

Oh, wait. That's an .88 magnum. :D

I think it was spec'd to penetrate 1" mild steel at 100 yds.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Friend shot his "shooting car" on his property with a few rounds. The first two went completely through the frame ofthe car. The one that hit the engine block went it, but didn't come out. Small engine too, Ford Festiva.

In general, not bad stuff (very consistant component bullet), but not much to write home about. You aren't going to turn back a Panzer division yourself with a few enbloc clips of it. :)

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Mine will blow the crap out of concrete blocks. I would really not want to be in a concrete block or wood framed house if someone was shooting at me with them. Of course, my steel cored 7.62 x 39 SKS ammo will easily go through a 1/4 inch steel bar. My son and I were target shooting at the old Atterbury range many years ago. I was sighting in his scope and he just happened to hit one of the bars that I used to hold up his target a few times. Needless to say, I was a little surprised to see the nice clean holes the cheap Chinese ammo made. There damage to building materials between a black tipped and commercial JSP 30-06 was noticeably more with the military surplus ammo, but both are very capable of doing a lot of damage.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    One intended use was for lightly armored vehicles. They have alot better armor today.
    They make short work of fairly thick steel, large trees, most masonry ect.
    Plain M2 Ball ammo will penetrate most houses easily, including an appliance or two on the way thru. So you can imagine what M2AP will do.
    Watch out for this stuff. Sometimes the core/penetrator will bounce back at you with a lot of enthusiasm if you shoot something really hard or real thick metal. It happens and people have had to have them dug out of their hide ect.
    OP you need to get those in clips so they are ready to go. You can't be wasting time delinking ammo when them zombies show up.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    One intended use was for lightly armored vehicles. They have alot better armor today.
    They make short work of fairly thick steel, large trees, most masonry ect.
    Plain M2 Ball ammo will penetrate most houses easily, including an appliance or two on the way thru. So you can imagine what M2AP will do.
    Watch out for this stuff. Sometimes the core/penetrator will bounce back at you with a lot of enthusiasm if you shoot something really hard or real thick metal. It happens and people have had to have them dug out of their hide ect.
    OP you need to get those in clips so they are ready to go. You can't be wasting time delinking ammo when them zombies show up.

Oh I know I need some more enblocs :ar15:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I have a few rounds of this laying around that I keep for a rainy day like if all h*** were to break loose and I have to stop a vehicle dead in its tracks (I dont have a 50 bmg:() lol I was wondering if anybody ever tested this ammo for its capabilities and just looking maybe for a little more info on it the headstamp is LC 53. I know what the 53 is lol is the LC Lake city? what all can it penetrate? if its really good stuff I might find some more to stockpile:rockwoot:

33cam8h.jpg
    That looks like a great reason to acquire a 1919 belt fed. :D

Top Bottom