• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Blackbeard's anchor recovered off NC coast - Yahoo! News

capt.ed64a1d01e70425dbf13191bebd1de29-ed64a1d01e70425dbf13191bebd1de29-0.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "The recovery coincides with the release this month of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." The movie features both Blackbeard and the Queen Anne's Revenge" hmmm...What an interesting coincedence..

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Thousands of ship wrecks off the coast....how do they know this is black beards? so can I go recover some big ass hunk of metal from the ocean and claim its from the mayflower?

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Thousands of ship wrecks off the coast....how do they know this is black beards? so can I go recover some big ass hunk of metal from the ocean and claim its from the mayflower?

I grew up an hour away from the Outer banks. There are actually pretty good records going back to the 1700s on the ship wrecks off the coast. Queen Anns revenge is a long documented wreck with tons of other artifacts pulled up over the years. Check out The Queen Anne's Revenge Shipwreck Project - Archaeological Investigations of Blackbeard's Flagship for more details.

Another shipwreck was recently unearthed from the storms last year which is supposily one of the oldest wrecks ever found. Beachcomber stumbles upon historic shipwreck - CNN

Top Bottom