• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If/when the Republicans take back the House and Senate, one of the first items on their agenda needs to be to pass the "Hearing Protection Act". And pass it by a veto proof majority.
    There is, absolutely, no reason for suppressors to be regulated under the NFA.
    It is a health and safety issue.
    Nice dream. First on the Rs actually caring to pass it, and then on thinking a veto proof majority would have voted for it.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Do I have to fill out a form 4 every time I change the oil filter on my truck?
    It could be used as a suppressor!!

Well I remember seeing a YouTube video of AFT showing up at a guy's house because he bought oil filters off Amazon so....who knows!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2022
    Mccordsville
    Some more info. Basically the ATF says if you have any suppressor components, you have a suppressor because you intend to make one, and because you intend to make one you are committing a crime, and because you are committing a crime, your form 1 is denied.

Basically the ATF is charging everyone with constructive possession.

I'm sick and tired of the infringements on our rights from our government. If they're afraid of not being able to detect the discharge of a firearm, how about we change the law to state something along the lines for requiring a permit and documentation for fire arms capable of performing less than 120 db.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I'm sick and tired of the infringements on our rights from our government. If they're afraid of not being able to detect the discharge of a firearm, how about we change the law to state something along the lines for requiring a permit and documentation for fire arms capable of performing less than 120 db.
    Or just repeal the NFA and disband the AFT.

You said your sick of infringements, then made up another way to infringe on our rights.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    ATF is marching toward full criminalization of all home manufacture firearms, suppressors, and components. This is the goal and they intend to accomplish it without a single vote in Congress.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    I was denied on Tuesday as well. Anyone know of any NFA attorneys in Indy? They say that the denials have been sent to the ATF field offices. Looks like I may need a lawyer.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    why would you apply before you actually had the item? Dont you have to describe the item on a form1? If you dont have it, you cant describe it. If you have it, you are already a criminal, even if you havent drilled it out to convert it from a "solvent trap" to a suppressor.

At least thats what I gathered. (I could be wrong)

Visits by local agents to all the (denied) application addresses coming soon? (since they technically tattled on themselves)
    On the Form 1 you don't tell them about anything that you are using, they never asked if you purchased or acquired items when filing the form. You give them pretty much the length of the suppressor you plan on building (9" or 6.75" whatever). You make up a serial number. There is no way for them to know, they (the ATF) assumed somehow that people were using a kit.

Top Bottom