• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I shot a buck not to long before sundown and it didn't leave much of a blood trail and ran much further than I would have expected. The weather was warm and I was very thankfull to find it as it was getting dark. This experience has me wondering if I should invest in a light that is supposed to intensify blood trails in the dark. I was wondering if many of you have one and could give me your review on it. It would break my heart to kill a deer and not be able to find it.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I have a a light that I bought at wal mart, Its a remington brand and only cost $15 if I remember right. It has two different settings. If you push the button once its a red light and push it again and its supposed to make blood shine , I used it last season and it worked pretty well. The more expensive ones probably work better but I didnt want to spend too much on one and so far I'm happy with it

HK_bach_HK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Ruger flashlight that I got from sportsman guide that works great. It came with three different lenses in blue, green, and red. The blue works well at picking up blood.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I picked up a cheap mossberg branded one I think off sportsmanguide. Has the blue light as well as the white bulbs to switch back and forth. It works better than just a regular flashlight. Well worth the 15 bucks i paid.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have the Gerber one, but haven't had to use it yet. One one hand I'd like to try it out, but on the other, I don't want to have to track the deer!

Money17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I couldn't find a buck last week from losing the blood trail. We used a flashlights and a blue filter and still lost blood. Had more luck with the flashlight though...

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I like using coleman lanterns. The blood seems to glow.

I prefer propane and take a extra tank in a back pack.

I would agree with using the propane type lanterns, I have been looking for deer & walked right by them 2 or 3 times before I found them. The more light the better when the blood trail runs out, from my own experience deer do run on empty, or it sure look like it.;)

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    We got one of the gerbers when the first came out. I hope they have come along since then because back then they were not worth a nickel. Sounded like back then there were a lot of very unhappy campers. Sounds like there are a few good options now. I may have to look into one again sometime soon.

ylwfever69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have a gerber blood tracker and it has worked great for me. Well worth the money. I would always bring a brighter flashlight so you don't walk rite past them.

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    I've heard differing opinions about these lights and have been tracking deer for 20 years. I would consider investing in one if I had any real confidence that it makes that much of a difference. I have tried the blue lens before and personally didn't see any real improvement over a good old bright flashlight. I typically use a flashlight at least 100 lumens. The brighter, the better. You can also use toilet paper and wrap some around twigs and branches as you go...if you loose the trail, you can stand back and clearly see the route your game is taking and sometimes pick it up again if you travel in the right direction.

Top Bottom