• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Anybody have a problem with powder blowback in SCCY 9mm? Shot two mags. this evening; in each magazine, I had about 3 shells blow powder and debris back at my face (point made about safety glasses!). Miss-behaving rounds were near the end in each mag. I'm concerned that this might not be locking up properly. I was using name brand hardball, not reloads, although I realize that ammo. might have become contaminated. Any thoughts appreciated.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife has one in 9mm. We've never had an issue.

Couple thoughts. What kind of ammo? 115gr, 147? Manufacturer? Is the gun clean? Do the back of the primers show any signs of over pressure?like a flattened primer.

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Good thoughts, all. I don't remember the brand,but it was "name brand"(whatever was in my carry mags). Thought I had one "hang fire", but bore was empty, case jammed but dropped free when cycled. I noticed lots of debris in bore, and around breach. Likely, I should try again with known new name brand, to eliminate possibility of contamination. I was concerned that there might have been an issue with chamber diameter.

Thanks for your thougts; I'll check it out again.

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Is that from the "knocking off" the Kel-Tech design thingy? If so, I kind of agree. Over all this is a decent weapon, but very close, including shapes of triggerguard, etc. to the P11. Interesting about the "break-up". Given reliability, I think these have a place, but of course, they're not in the same category as H-K, Sig. Glock, good 1911's, et al. Might have this figured out, trying a couple of things now. Thanks, all.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Is that from the "knocking off" the Kel-Tech design thingy? If so, I kind of agree. Over all this is a decent weapon, but very close, including shapes of triggerguard, etc. to the P11. Interesting about the "break-up". Given reliability, I think these have a place, but of course, they're not in the same category as H-K, Sig. Glock, good 1911's, et al. Might have this figured out, trying a couple of things now. Thanks, all.

So what did you figure out?

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    ..well, a personal case of "you just can't fix stupid". I decided to set the pistol aside in the safe overnight. The next morning, there was just a drop of CRP coming out of the firing pin opening in the slide. So...back to square one on cleaning DRYING, and maybe a bit of "blast-a-clean", and a darned sight less oil! Glad I had the opportunity of thought provoking conversations , instead of sending this in for service. I'll run this several times before putting it back in service, but it looks like it will be O.K.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Top Bottom