Please reply by conversation.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    These are guns that I've inherited over the years.
    None of them are pretty.
    Most of them were barn guns used for pest control.
    Some of these guns I've never fired.
    All of these guns need refinished.

AS AN FYI: I WENT THRU EACH GUN AND CLEANED AND LUBED THEM, CHECKING FOR LOOSE, DAMAGED, BROKEN OR MISSING PARTS.

Each has a short description and will include any notable information regarding that inspection.

I've done bit of research on each and tried to price them somewhere in the middle of the road.

The prices are negotiable within reason; Make an offer, the worst I'll say is no or possibly not even respond if the offer is stupid.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]THESE GUNS ARE BEING SOLD AS IS![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    You must be an Indiana resident, non-felon.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cash, FTF only in the Fort Wayne area. [/FONT]
    I'm not shipping.

IM or Email me. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

The 1st "I'll take it" posted in this thread wins based on the time stamp... so if you see something you want post it!

[STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#1- Marlin Model 88 .22, magazine tube in the butt stock. It's been in the family since at least the 50s. Very accurate, just not pretty.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]$130.00[/FONT][/STRIKE]
    picture.php

[STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#2- Springfield/Savage .22 Single shot. Very Accurate, just not pretty.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]$100.00[/FONT][/STRIKE] SOLD. sloughfoot
    picture.php

[STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#3- Wards Western Field 20g with ejector. New firing pin installed and includes an extra brand new firing pin. Action locks up like a vault! Shoots good, just not pretty.[/FONT]
    [STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]$125.00[/FONT][/STRIKE]
    One and only price drop.
    $100.00[/STRIKE]
    picture.php

[STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#4- Mossberg Model 85D 20g Bolt Action. Detachable box magazine and choke (The choke is female threaded external type). Been in the family since the late 50s-early 60s. Shoots good, just not pretty.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]$135.00[/FONT][/STRIKE] Withdrawn.... too much family history.
    picture.php
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#5- J. Stevens A&T CO. .22- This little rifle has a sad story and it breaks my heart. While this little gun could be shot, I wouldn't recommend it until it has some skilled work done to it. The bore “looks” like a sewer pipe, the front site is gone and the barrel has been cut at the front edge of the dovetail. The action is loose and needs work. The stocks have been carved at some point. Still a neat little gun and someone with patience and skill could make it run. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]~$100.00[/FONT]? parts gotta be worth something.[/STRIKE] SOLD. roughthumbs
    picture.php

[STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#6- J.C. Higgins Model 31 .22 S,L,LR - Interesting little gun. I've never fired it. Inherited from a deceased family member so I have no information on it other than the DOM: March, 1957. Receiver IS grooved for scope mounting. Its missing the rear sight elevator (easily replaced) and retractable stock sling (NLA) but otherwise i[/FONT]t's mechanically sound. The metal does need re-finished. That blue thing is a Peanut Butter lid propping up the gun. :D[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]$125.00[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]$100.00[/STRIKE]
    SOLD
    picture.php

[STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]#7- Stevens/Savage Model 87B .22 S,L,LR. Interesting gun. I've never fired it. Inherited from a deceased family member so I have no information on it other than the year of manufacture-1949. This rifle is referred to as a “Gill Gun” because of the gill shaped cutouts on the receiver. The bolt assembly is unique because it can be shot as a single shot or a semi auto. Receiver is NOT grooved for scope mount. Once again it's not very pretty but mechanically sound. I've a feeling when holding this rifle that it's accurate, It's heavy and very well built... might change my mind on this one... we'll see.[/FONT][/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]$165.00[/FONT][/STRIKE]
    Think I'll keep this one... the quality is phenomenal.
    picture.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom