• ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Posted this also in the ISD thread also

Would there be any interest in a BOB packing class focusing on what works and does not work, weight and space savings, ect ect?

It would be a hands on bring your bag type deal, I have a fair amount of knowledge on this subject and know there are a few people here that could also share some things. Would have a little of everything for beginners to advanced.

Topics like waterproofing, good ways of packing gear, how to size down an mre but still get many uses out of everything, I do have a pocket sized bob that I have been working on.

Again would be very hands on with your own gear.

With my work schedule I am off one Saturday a month so Thursdays work great for me. Would prefer it to be at a state park or something so people can spread their gear out if they choose, have one other person who said they would be willing to share knowledge.

My relavent background is I spent a lot of time in woodland search around rescue as a team leader were I spent a lot if time in the woods....

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Would be south side or near it, as far north as say ft Ben. If there is just a small group like a few people I don't mind meeting up with a few people to help out if people want some pointers.

lots of things have multiple uses. Mre pouches are great for water storage or water proofing, zip lock bags work great for keeping socks in your bag dry. Instead of rolling up your poncho li e you bag with it.... This actually saves space and keeps most of the water off your stuff.....

i like military field jacket liners.... Keep your warn but don't weigh much and take up little space. For jackets I prefer a gortex jacket with a liner.... This is because the gortex and liner or something underneath is not only waterproof but does not weigh as much as a field jacket and compacts tighter.

just my insight on how I think and pack.

Top Bottom