• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    About to place an order with bobcat steel, but before i do i wanted to make sure there wasn't an INGO discount? I would love to go to the 1500 next weekend and buy it there, but by the time i pay for gas to get down there and back, i wouldn't have any money to spend.:(

Soooooooooo............Is there a discount?

Also i'm getting the 12" circle 3/8 ar500. What all can i shoot at it? I know its hard steel and i will only be shooting .45acp and .22 at it, but if say a buddy comes over with a ak-47 or 30.06 will it stand up to it?

EDIT: the circles seemed to have dissapeared from the website overnight, so i guess i'm going with the square.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i have a dozen check that 15 with the 3 jacks i just got. high powered rifles are fine at like 100 yds but don'texpect steel rounds not to den't them. at about 8 yds a 44 mag put a tiny divot just barely feelable in one of the 12" squares, but wont effect usability at all. i highly recommend bobcats plates and always coming out with new stuff. gonna have him build me some falling plates with the arms attached next spring......daryll

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have a 10" round auto resetting target from them, I don't think there are any discounts but who knows. I shoot mine with anything and everything, I believe the minimum distances are: Pistol- 10 yards, Rifle- 100 yards. I love mine!

Last edited:

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was out today with a co-worker. We were shooting 223, 308 and the AK at as close as 50yrd. No issues with the plates. I need to work on keeping the bolts from loosening due to impact. Also snapped of a bolt head. Does not look like a hit, I think it wiggled loose a bit, then the impact/rattle snapped off the head. The plates themselves are top notch.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I just got a couple of things from Bobcat Steel but don't have them set up yet. After reading the above I will probaby use either locknuts or jam-nuts to lock them down.
    I didn't notice what grade of fasteners were supplied and I may go to grade 5 or grade 8 if the supplied hardware is less than grade 5. Grade 8 is.....alot, and is probably overkill.
    Bobcat Steel (Noisy Cricket) told me not to shoot them with a centerfire rifle at ranges closer than 100 yards.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    About to place an order with bobcat steel, but before i do i wanted to make sure there wasn't an INGO discount? I would love to go to the 1500 next weekend and buy it there, but by the time i pay for gas to get down there and back, i wouldn't have any money to spend.:(

Soooooooooo............Is there a discount?

Also i'm getting the 12" circle 3/8 ar500. What all can i shoot at it? I know its hard steel and i will only be shooting .45acp and .22 at it, but if say a buddy comes over with a ak-47 or 30.06 will it stand up to it?

EDIT: the circles seemed to have dissapeared from the website overnight, so i guess i'm going with the square.

He's an INGO advertiser... check out his stuff here: Bobcat Steel - INGunOwners

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    No discounts running at this time, sorry.

I am working on the round issue right now....it was brought to my attention last night.

03A3 - which hardware/target have you? I'll let you know what hardware you have. Or just look at the head of the bolt and check the rating.

Grade 8 are harder, about 360 brinell, but still will not be terribly happy with a centerfire hit. We find it best to use the carriage bolts when possible so that they are easier to remove if the head gets damaged.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Circles are back up....
    For some reason it is only letting me have 10 items and any given category. That is going to be a problem....

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    i would only buy his targets if you are sick of replacing your cheaply made targets you get else were. great quality and will hold up to most rounds fired at it 100 yards or more with rifle and as close as i comfterably want to shoot at steel with a pistol. if he does not make the one you want just ask him he will do custom stuff etc... very good guy to deal with and local made product is a big plus as well.

i have 7 of his targets and will be picking up more for my range in the near future.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    ZbornacSVT I have one each 8" and 10" round, with adaptors/fittings to mount on 2"x4".
    When I unpacked them I was in a hurry leaving for Knob Creek and did not think to look at the bolt grade, and I'm still not home yet.
    Thanks for the tip about using carriage bolts. That makes sense to me.
    I guess it would be a good idea to keep some tools and extra hardware at the range.
    I've got to get home so I can use these. I've been needing something like this for a long time, and have always heard good things about your products.
    Those stands are nice, the stands that use either a 2x4 or two furring strips.

Top Bottom