• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Iam waiting on my CCP and why not get a new gun for carry purpose. I have been looking around checking stats ect. From reseaching i fell in love with the LCP ruger...however im now leaning towards the bond arms snake slayer w/ 3.5 in barrel in the .410 3" .45 colt setup. I was hope someone on here had some trigger time with one and their opinions? Im not worried about the extra weight b/c im a big guy. Thanks Matt

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I don't own one, but have shot the Bond Arms .45/.410. It is a hand cannon! It's built like a tank, and shoots like one too! And only two shots. I'd buy one for shootin' Cowboy side matches, but not for concealed carry. I'd stick with the LCP.

ol' poke.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    For their size, they are overweight, under capacity and a lack of good holsters (outside of something that belongs in the "Rootin' Tootin'" category :D ). They are VERY well built and well thought out, compared to Davis or American Derringer company guns. Not too many machining marks and the rifling ACTUALLY serves it's purpose. They can be accurate, but the ergonomic accuracy is minimal. Slow to load, hard to shoot, not condusive to carry.

The one I shot was pretty nice, and pretty darn accurate with .45 LC. Worthless with .410...

Save your money (they are a bit more expensive than the LCP), for a carry gun, get the other one, save the dreams of .45 LC or .410 for Saturday mornings at the range! :D

gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I figure at some point i will own both... For some reason i keep hearing this movie quote in my head everytime i think about this. " Heavy is good...Heavy is reliable If it does not work you can hit him with it." haha love snatch
    thanks for the input

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    i have the Texas Defender and have shot many times. The trigger kinda sucks its down at the way bottom takes some getting use to. Ammo is cheap in both .410 and the 45L. In mt experience the .410 is the way to go and i wouldlnt push that past 10 to 15 feet max. Even at that range i had problems with the .45l hitting its mark, in a human target it still hit green but not at poa, thats something i would like in a public setting. YES it will beat the snot out of your hands if you push it, my first time out i shout 50 .410 and my hands paid the price for a week.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Whats a CCP ?

Anything like a LTCH ?:dunno:

Id stick with the LCP , If you want 45 , 410 ... put another $50 with your money and get a judge public defender , atleast you get 5 shots .:twocents:

Top Bottom