• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Has anyone taken the Gunsite Indiana123 3 day Carbine class in Boone County? I have been trying to find some local rifle training and the Boone county classes keep popping up near the top of the list. Just wondering if it was worth the cost ($1060)? Are there any other carbine training located in Indiana that I should look into. I have already done a few basic carbine courses over the years, I am looking for more an intermediate or defensive carbine course.

http://www.gunsite.com/main/course-offerings/carbine/123-indiana-carbine/

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Has anyone taken the Gunsite Indiana123 3 day Carbine class in Boone County? I have been trying to find some local rifle training and the Boone county classes keep popping up near the top of the list. Just wondering if it was worth the cost ($1060)? Are there any other carbine training located in Indiana that I should look into. I have already done a few basic carbine courses over the years, I am looking for more an intermediate or defensive carbine course.

http://www.gunsite.com/main/course-offerings/carbine/123-indiana-carbine/

Yes, I have done it and it's a good class. Sheriff Ken Campbell is an excellent teacher with lots of experience. Is it worth $1060? Well, it was only half that when I did it. I would not pay $1000 to anyone for a 3-day group class.

You should consider Louis Awerbuck's carbine course at Boone County 22-24 AUG 2014. SCHEDULE

I don't see the prices for 2014, but for 2013 it was:
    Date Deposit Requirement Course Fee
    45 days before course start $400.00 $600.00
    30 days before course start $400.00 $640.00
    Less than 30 days to course start $400.00 $675.00

Also consider John Farnam's urban rifle class, 10-11 MAY 2014 in Rochester, $635

Also, Fortress Defense and Paladin Combatives will have rifle/carbine classes in Rochester.

Finally, our own ACT DR101 defensive rifle class is 24 MAY 2014 near Terre Haute. It's one day, $165.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Thanks Rhino for the information!

I thought that it seemed quite high for that course, especially when I did my search I saw it was much cheaper in the years past. I guess I have to read up on those links relatively quickly and signup if I want to make it to them. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks Rhino for the information!

I thought that it seemed quite high for that course, especially when I did my search I saw it was much cheaper in the years past. I guess I have to read up on those links relatively quickly and signup if I want to make it to them. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

You're welcome!

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Yes, I have done it and it's a good class. Sheriff Ken Campbell is an excellent teacher with lots of experience. Is it worth $1060? Well, it was only half that when I did it. I would not pay $1000 to anyone for a 3-day group class.

You should consider Louis Awerbuck's carbine course at Boone County 22-24 AUG 2014. SCHEDULE

I don't see the prices for 2014, but for 2013 it was:
    Date Deposit Requirement Course Fee
    45 days before course start $400.00 $600.00
    30 days before course start $400.00 $640.00
    Less than 30 days to course start $400.00 $675.00

Also consider John Farnam's urban rifle class, 10-11 MAY 2014 in Rochester, $635

Also, Fortress Defense and Paladin Combatives will have rifle/carbine classes in Rochester.

Finally, our own ACT DR101 defensive rifle class is 24 MAY 2014 near Terre Haute. It's one day, $165.

+1 to what rhino said.

1K is quite spendy for a 3 day class. Although the 5 day class at Gunsite in AZ is over 1.5K so the math does work out.

I would think that your best bang for you buck would be the Awerbuck class. That being said other than the money you can't go wrong with Gunsite either.
    (<<<-------see avatar)

Louis does NOT do a night shoot but the Gunsite class does.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom