• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I went to 21st Century for their 5 year anniversary sale and went to the range to fire some supressors. I was impressed with the Gaurdian 22 suppressors; however, they did not have the model I wanted when I went back to the shop. If they did, then my thread would have been titled "bought my first and second suppressors..." lol

Anyhow, when I was at the range, I fired a Glock 9mm with a Trident suppressor. It was really quiet! Jarred mentioned that the shop also had a Advanced Armnament ECO-9 suppressor and that it was comparable to the Trident. Well, considering the price, I couldn't pass it up.

So, tomorrow, the clock starts ticking. 75-100 days! I am stoked! I cannot wait!

Anyone have an ECO-9? Are you happy with it? Is it a pita to clean? Looks like you need a special tool to disassemble it.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    better put on your patience hat. i just passed 90 (ish) days on my form 4. still waiting..... any day now.............................................................................:popcorn:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Does a form 4 cost 200. What other forms or costs are necessary to legaly purchase a suppressor?

The tax on the transfer of a firearm (which is what you use a Form4 for) is $200 per firearm (a silencer is a firearm). You'll also pay sales tax if you buy directly from a dealer and you'll pay a transfer fee if you buy from a private party out of state which would require to use a dealer to complete the transfer.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The tax on the transfer of a firearm (which is what you use a Form4 for) is $200 per firearm (a silencer is a firearm). You'll also pay sales tax if you buy directly from a dealer and you'll pay a transfer fee if you buy from a private party out of state which would require to use a dealer to complete the transfer.

The exception is for a AOW transferred on a Form 4 the tax is only $5

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Good to see you in the store this past Saturday Larry. Glad you happy with your purchase.

Dave,
    I had a blast at the event! And yes, I was, as usual, very happy with my purchase, sadly, I forgot to purchase the ammo I had on my list. I guess the excitement over the suppressor overwhelmed me. I will be back for that Guardian after you get another shipment (I will call the store to find out when you guys get them in....I heard Monday?).

Anyhow...again, good times! And thanks for helping me find a ride to the range. My car would have never made it out of there in one piece being so low to the ground.

Thanks again!

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Congratulations i also bought my first suppressor at the sale on Saturday, i had a great time, picked up a few other needed items, went to the range. Now Huntertown just needs to finish up the 9mm suppressor, and we will be good to go. The only thing i need now is for Jahred to get the paperwork started, and sent to me so i can finish it up, and get it sent off. I do not envy his job on Monday, sounds like he will have a bit of paperwork to do. Everyone i met was top notch, thanks for the great day.

Top Bottom