• nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    You'd be fine with 2 mags.

Good to know. I saw on the website that the mininmum was 3, and that 5 was recommended. I guess that was for pins, and not pinheads.

Pin heads and full size pins shot with a major caliber (.40 S/W and larger) are 28' from the front edge of the shooters box. Pins are 29' feet away when shooting a minor caliber (9mm & .38 SPL).

Thanks.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good to know. I saw on the website that the mininmum was 3, and that 5 was recommended. I guess that was for pins, and not pinheads.

That wording was inserted before I became match director. But 3 mags would be the minimum I would want to take to the line if I were new to shooting fullsize pins or pin heads. You never know when the person you're shooting against will have a tougher time than you chasing all 5 pins of the table. So consider it a good guideline, but not a hard and fast rule.

I'm sorry if you decided not to come because you only had 2 mags. We certainly would not have turned you away because you didn't have 3. And if you were shooting something fairly common, I bet you could have borrowed a mag from someone else.

Hope you can make it next month.

Top Bottom