• DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    is going fast! Here is what we have left for the year in Indiana:

Evansville Appleseed - Oct 17/18
    Wabash Appleseed - Oct 17/18
    Riley Appleseed - Nov 28/29

Plenty of open slots here, so make your plans early and get registered now.

Mini Shoots Cloverdale:
    Oct 17, Nov 14, Dec 19

There are also shoots in Ohio & Illinois in Oct and Nov.

Last edited:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I will be there in Wabash on the 17th and 18th. I'm trying to decide what rifle to bring; are peep sights allowed? Thinking my SKS. How much ammo?

What is the cost of the match? I'm only reading $10 range fee...

Thanks,

Josh <><

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I've spent a great deal of time on the appleseed site, but I can't find any info on the minis coming up in Cloverdale... I am VERY interested in getting into this, and learning the skills taught. I have a couple of questions:
    Is a Ruger 10/22 suitable to qualify on?
    How many mags should I bring?
    Can I go to just one day due to other plans (INGO AR build day)?
    What's the fee for a mini event?

-Andy

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've spent a great deal of time on the appleseed site, but I can't find any info on the minis coming up in Cloverdale... I am VERY interested in getting into this, and learning the skills taught. I have a couple of questions:
    Is a Ruger 10/22 suitable to qualify on?
    How many mags should I bring?
    Can I go to just one day due to other plans (INGO AR build day)?
    What's the fee for a mini event?

-Andy

The appleseedinfo.org site has no info on the Minis at Cloverdale, but there's a thread in this forum that does. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/21665-mini_appleseed_schedule.html

To answer your questions:

Not only is the 10/22 suitable, it is excellent. You'll want a GI sling on it and probably a set of Tech Sights or a scope that works for you, but other than that, you can manage with the 10/22 nicely.

You will need two of the Ruger Factory (10rd) mags at a minimum. More will make things a bit easier for you, but the big banana mags are unnecessary and may even get in your way in prone position.

The Mini-Appleseeds are only one-day (Saturday) events. If you show up on Sunday, you will probably get a little lonely. ;)

The fee, IIRC, is $10. Member usafe7ret is the guy who runs those shoots and I'd bet he'd be happy to help with any other questions you might have. (which does not mean no one else will, he's just the final say on the minis!)

Good luck and enjoy the shoot!

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I will be there in Wabash on the 17th and 18th. I'm trying to decide what rifle to bring; are peep sights allowed? Thinking my SKS. How much ammo?

What is the cost of the match? I'm only reading $10 range fee...

Thanks,

Josh <><

Josh,

Are you preregistered for the shoot? If not , go to Wabash, IN Appleseed - Oct 17-18, 2009 - Eventbrite and do so now which will cost you $70 for the weekend. If you wait and pay as a walk on the cost is $80. The $10 range fee is paid at the range.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Nothing is set yet, but things are in motion to get an Appleseed shoot setup for the weekend before Thanksgiving, November 21/22 at the Ft Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club in Harlan, IN. 25 meters and KD at 200 and 300 yards.

Stay tuned for further details.

In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you all in Wabash October 17/18.

Dean

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm trying to decide what rifle to bring; are peep sights allowed? Thinking my SKS. How much ammo?

Props fo teh peeps!;) Irons or scopes are fine.

From our AS FAQ:

Rifle- preferably two rifles, with one being a .22. A second rifle will also give you somewhere to go if there are problems with your primary. And bring a small notebook for each rifle you bring that you can use to jot down all the data for that rifle from now on. *There are some ranges that are .22 only (please check).

Ammunition- you will need 400-500 rounds of ammunition. If you bring a .22 bring 300 rounds for the .22, Then around 200 rounds of ammunition for your centerfire rifle. But you will need approx. 400-500 rounds total to shoot the weekend in whatever caliber you are shooting.

I'm not sure if there are any caliber restrictions at the Wabash range.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom