• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Went to Gander Mountain today to try out some Browning BPS shotguns. I was pretty impressed, but I was wondering if anybody has one of these and could offer some opinions. As an aside, I thought the plain receiver guns looked better than the engraved ones.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have had a 12 gauge BPS upland special for the last 10 years. It became my favorite shotgun the first day I had it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I bought one years ago. It was my first Japanese Browning. I love it. It's one of the nicer "newer" pumps around.
    Great shooter and I even use it as a slug gun occasionally. It's a very good all around gun.
    I say "GO FOR IT"

tactical1224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    LaPorte, IN
    The BPS was my first shotgun. Have had it for over 15 years. Love it! Definitely a quality gun for the price and will last forever. I have never had an issue with it.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    I love mine, I've had it for probably 12yrs now. Heck I even shot trap competitively with in in high school. Great gun.

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    The BPS I have now my dad used for deer hunting when I was younger, and to this day it has never failed. Great shotgun in my opinion.

Another thing to consider, with bottom eject and the the safety on the rear of the receiver, BPS's are 100% ambidextrous....

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys. The BPS just felt like a more quality gun than the newer 870s.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had a 20 gauge Upland Special, nice rig.

Mine hit a little high for me, compared to my Remingtons (grew up shooting Big Green so that's my standard sight picture).

It was usable though.

My Citori Magnum shot way higher, and I had to sell it due to that.

Back to cheap looking 870 and 1100's for me ;)

I do agree, that the BPS non engraved looks waaaaaaaay better than that scribbled up stuff. But Remington did that to some rifles/shotguns for a spell too. WTH were they thinking?

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Upland BPS

I bought a BPS upland 16 ga. w/ english stock stock 5-6 years ago.....Browning made a run of the 16 ga's and I had already bought a couple of their citori's in 16, so I bought the BPS also. I have hunted birds with it, and it is a good package for that. I own a bunch of 12's and 20's, but I have a fondness for 16's, just like I have a fondness for 41 mag's and 10mm's...not mainstream loads, but most effective just the same. The BPS is a great gun, buy one...you will like it.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    A BPS Trap was my first shotgun - 100% reliable through many thousand shells on the trap field. Browning quality convinced me to step up to a Citori XT Trap, but I still occasionally shoot the BPS - a great shotgun for me.

Top Bottom