• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Fishers
    I recently purchased a new (to me) Browning Gold 10ga. NWTF shotgun. I was taking it apart last night to clean while following the directions in the owner's manual, as this is the first Browning Gold I have field stripped. For the life of me, I can't get the trigger group out of the gun to clean, following the instructions in the manual. There's only one trigger group pin to remove, which comes out relatively easy with a brass punch, but the trigger group sure doesn't lift up and out of the receiver like its supposed to. Does anyone out here have any experience with this shotgun and getting the trigger group out of the gun? If so, please educate me on what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    There's just 1 pin (should be anyway, any gold 10 ive seen just has 1). Should be able to hinge out. Bolt doesn't remove from the front like 12ga. You have to depress the polymer cup in the rear then get the bolt strut moved down then the bolt comes out of the bottom towords the back of the receiver.

Anyway, the trigger should hinge out. Might be dried lube or grease making it stick. Maybe a could light taps with the palm of your hand to the side of the receiver?

longshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Fishers
    M67, you are right, there's only one pin. I've beat on the receiver lightly with a rubber mallet, nothing. I'll give it another shot this evening and see what happens. Thinking about squirting some foaming scrubber in there and letting it set for a bit. She was really dirty in all the places I could get to, so I'm guessing it's definitely related to that. I appreciate all your help, guys.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Decreaser at first maybe then let it dry then try some foaming cleaner (outers is great stuff) or some sort of penetrating oil. I can't think of anything that would wedge/break in there to make the trigger group seize so it has to be some nasty oil that's hardened. Maybe try taking the buttstock off it and if there's any pressure coming from the rear it would be released

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    There's just 1 pin (should be anyway, any gold 10 ive seen just has 1). Should be able to hinge out. Bolt doesn't remove from the front like 12ga. You have to depress the polymer cup in the rear then get the bolt strut moved down then the bolt comes out of the bottom towords the back of the receiver.

Anyway, the trigger should hinge out. Might be dried lube or grease making it stick. Maybe a could light taps with the palm of your hand to the side of the receiver?

My bad.
    Mine is a 12 ga.
    Glad someone came in with good intel.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom