• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I heading out to WV tomorrow for the day and I am going through Kentucky. I thought I might leave a little earlier and I was going to go to Buds to use their Range.

You can book online but my actual depart time is rarely the same as my planned depart time so I didn't feel comfortable using their online range booking as you have to pay when yo do. (I would end up being late and lose my money.)

So I called and asked if I could just show up and take the chance one of the lanes would be open, to which I got an enthusiastic "Of course"

Then I asked what the fee was. "12.50/half an hour"

I almost dropped my drawers! No wonder they can sell guns so cheaply. It's subsidized by their range fields. I mean holy crap what do they do to charge you $12.50/half an hour, give you a pedicure and Brazilian wax?:toilet2:

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I almost bought a Sig P220 .22 there because the price was so good until they told me the magazine was separate. WTF? I've never heard of a gun shop selling a semi-auto pistol without a magazine? I won't go back in there after that experience.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I have purchased several guns from Buds. They are not always the fastest about shipping, but they almost always have the best price around. I suppose that if Bud's range fee were too high, it would not be used and they would reduce the price.

I personally would rather have an overpriced indoor range than no indoor range. It's all about supply and demand. Seems like there is quite a demand at $12.50 an hour.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Buds is great to deal with

I do a lot of transfers for customers who buy on line from Buds and can say Buds is by far the best Internet gun seller I deal with. They pack things right, ship signature required and their prices are usually close to if not the lowest around. You need to do the math with any gun you research but on the average Buds will be one of your best sources.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I do a lot of transfers for customers who buy on line from Buds and can say Buds is by far the best Internet gun seller I deal with. They pack things right, ship signature required and their prices are usually close to if not the lowest around. You need to do the math with any gun you research but on the average Buds will be one of your best sources.
    Agreed the problem in this thread wasn't their gun prices but their Range prices, which at $25/hr is too steep (at least for me)

glockarmour34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    hey bonehead88 do you ever do anything but complain bout ranges on here they do have to make money to cover the bills. guess what insurance cost for them are and everything else. think about that the next time you want to bash them

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    hey bonehead88 do you ever do anything but complain bout ranges on here they do have to make money to cover the bills. guess what insurance cost for them are and everything else. think about that the next time you want to bash them

Spoken by a guy with 3 posts??? Explain to us how you know this is all bondhead88 does when you just joined and have 3 posts?? Why don't you try and play nice newbie. There are better ways to get your point across than with the attitude you carried in here.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've noticed their prices aren't what they were before their big expansion and new indoor range. I still go there quite a bit to read reviews on different guns. I think it's very helpful. I've bought several guns from them and it's always been top notch service with no complaints.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Spoken by a guy with 3 posts??? Explain to us how you know this is all bondhead88 does when you just joined and have 3 posts?? Why don't you try and play nice newbie. There are better ways to get your point across than with the attitude you carried in here.

Now, boys, play nice. ;) The name is "bondhead88", not "bonehead88". If it is an honest mistake, sorry; I had to look close before I saw the correct name. Still, I agree with you. Better to leave the attitude at the door, but it might help to remember a member can read a great deal without posting.

I pay $12/hr for range time at H & H in Fort Wayne, so $25/hr is steep. I can understand his surprise at the price. At that rate, one must be fully fitted out before entering the shooting area. Best have plenty of mags, too. Reload after the clock stops. If demand is high for range time, the high price makes folks maximize their time and opens up more time for other shooters.

Next round's on me.:cheers:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Compare with PopGuns

PopGuns get $19 per hour plus and extra $5 if you bring someone to shoot with you on the same lane. Ammo prices are out of sight, many times a lane or two are broken down; I have made reservations and when I show up they can't find a record of it. I have never been to Buds Range but I would guess it is in much better condition and probably has better ventalation. I have also seen some crazy gun handling at Pops by some gangbanger want-a-be's.

Anyone know what happened to the new range at Wyatt's? I remember when they first talked about it their prices were going to be way up there for hourly rental unless you purchased a firearm from them.

fasteddie48

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    pekin indiana
    went ot buds to buy a gun they were helpfull and even offed to let me shoot it before i buy it it was used great prices seemed to help me make my purchase im sure it cost a lot of money let alone insurance to have this great range put in eveything cant be cheap!!! alot of people dont have access to a place to shoot in a big city thanks to buds

Top Bottom