• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Newbie in the the gun world and iam just wondering if i should buy a cleaning kit or piece one together? Reason i ask is those kits can go up to $200 or more. So really what are the must have cleaning items in your kit? This way i can put one of those old tackle boxes to good use in the garage.

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Do both. Buy a starter kit. Then add what you want.
    Some people won't use anything but one piece coated rods. Others only use bore snakes or Otis kits.
    You are going to have to find what you like.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    IMO Buy what you can afford. I started out with a very Basic kit and then have added the various caliber brushes, patches and chemicals that I need. I buy refills patches, brushes, solvent etc. when I come across them on clearance or on sale. I've picked up several military type cleaning kits on line or at gun shows. My cleaning collection is in a large Craftsman Tool Box. Adjust and grow it according to your needs

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I think building one is usually cheaper, plus you can specialize it for the guns you have. Now if you've got that rich blood, or just inherited a bunch of different guns then it might be better to buy a universal kit.

Top Bottom