• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Wanted to get some opinions on what bullets people prefer for best accuracy. Putting aside caliber and what your going to shot at what tip do you like best, v-max, soft point, hp,fmj and does the coefficient matter to you.

firek920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    bc most def makes a difference but to cut to the point berger 6.5 creekmore a+ in my world

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    bc is the very first thing i look at.

i usually try and shoot a hornady amax because most of my guns are target/hunting and the amax is good for both, maybe not the best at either but good for both

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    In any new caliber I load, I start with the Hornady SST. I usually don't need to go any further than that. For "target only" guns, I'll try the AMAX as well.

The high BC of both designs really helps buck the wind and really helps me get an idea of what a rifle is capable of without a lot of experimenting. SST's aren't dirt cheap but compared to some other offerings i save at least half - and I'm confident that they'll perform as advertised on game if the need arises.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I have an awful lot of green Sierras' downstairs, but then I cut a 0.137 last week with some 55gr. V-Max. A-Max groups have done quite well also.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Out of my AR and AK for range ammo I use FMJ, same for my pistols. I'm not a precession shooter, a threat is not going to care if you put a pretty little hole in them.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    AMax have good BCs, slim bearing surface, consistent, and hold together well when shot into animals. They they are cheap relative to their competition is a nice bonus, because shooting more promotes marksmanship.

Both the 105 and 162 AMax are world class.

In .308 and .338, Lapua Scenars reign.

Top Bottom