• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I am in NWI--Munster, to be specific--and I would really like to try some old-school Bulls-eye competition. I know there are some IDPA competitions locally, and some other competitions farther south, but I haven't really seen any Bulls-eye competitions. There was a winter league over in Chicago, but I found out about it a little too late, and besides, I would prefer something on this side of the line.

Does anyone know of anything? Michigan City has IDPA, but I would like to try the old 3-gun style of Bullseye popularized at Camp Perry throughout the years. Don't get me wrong, I love the runnin' and gunnin' aspect of IDPA, but something about the tradition of man and gun alone on the line is kind of cool.

Any info would be appreciated.

shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    The only club that I know of locally that shoots NRA bullseye is the Valparaiso pistol and rifle club(vp&rc). It is club members only to shoot and they shoot indoors on thursday evenings. You might contact NRA about any sanctioned matches as they are the governing body.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    I'm not sure if they still have it but Blythe's in valpo used to have a bullseye pistol league.

shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Looks like bullseye is a dying game. When I started shooting competition in 1967, it WAS the only game in town. It is a demanding sport,and I shot it hot and heavy on the Indiana national guard team for four years, But I find I enjoy USPSA and multi gun a LOT more.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I want to get into IDPA, but something about Bullseye. I don't know, it's 'classy'. I mean, look at all of those old custom jobs coming on the market. Clarks, Giles, and all of the old guns the military armorers built for Camp Perry. Micro sights, .38 special conversions, Bomar ribs extending out over the barrel, 6" long slides...so many really cool innovations. Bullseye seems to get a bad rep, but those guys hit what they are aiming at every time.

I might have to look into Valpo and St. John. I hear Bullseye communities can be a little tight-nit, but we'll see. Thanks for all of the info.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    We don't shoot bullseye at Blythe's anymore. We shoot a PPC league on Tuesday nights, starting at 6pm. Several of us still shoot BE and go to the pistol matches at Camp Perry every July. I am shooting the sectional bullseye match in Elkhart this Saturday with a buddy. Also, some of our PPC shooters belong to VP&RC. They shoot BE practice every Thursday. You could get some info on the club and possibly a sponsorship to join if you are interested.

Come out to Blythe's in Valpo on Tuesday and check it out. You can get some good info on bulleye and have fun shooting, too. Our next course of fire will be a modified El Presidente. Just finished our 6 week PPC course. We will have 3 reduced size paper targets at about 5-7 yards. Two shots on each target, reload, two shot on each target again. Some of us will be playing with our 625s. Such fun. Join us if you can.

Steve

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    They shoot BE practice every Thursday. You could get some info on the club and possibly a sponsorship to join if you are interested.

Come out to Blythe's in Valpo on Tuesday and check it out. You can get some good info on bulleye and have fun shooting, too. Our next course of fire will be a modified El Presidente. Just finished our 6 week PPC course. We will have 3 reduced size paper targets at about 5-7 yards. Two shots on each target, reload, two shot on each target again. Some of us will be playing with our 625s. Such fun. Join us if you can.

Steve

Thanks for the invite. If I can swing the off-time from work, I will be there. I have several 1911s, a Browning Challenger that had some trigger work done to it in the past, and a couple of fairly accurate S&W revolvers that will be heading down to Denny at Sandy Burr for some action work. For now it will kind of be like bringing my teeball bat to Spring training for the majors, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

All of my 1911s are getting accuracy work done in the near future, and I would like to build my skills a bit, and I definitely need the practice.

Top Bottom