• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    With all the talk of the gun ban hooplah, thought of this question. The talk is of going back to the "Assault weapon ban" and then what defines a weapon being considered "assault"? Many would say, generally, selective/automatic fire capability. Being new to the civilian side of firearms I learned about bump fire, had no idfea what it was at first. Found some videos and it looked highly unsafe and what usefull application could that be used for. Then i found a video of a special upper that catered to bump fire. You had full control of how many rounds to fire and could ADS, now thats amazing and I'm all for that, but the question is should it be legal. I know the general answer is of course, it's our God given right, if i want a 20MM Automatic avalanche suppressed rifle, by God I will. That's a given, so realy i geuss what i'm asking is, thoughts on the subject?

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    If there is no victim there is no crime. All these so called "laws" are not really laws unless there is a victim. SO if you want to shoot as many rounds as fast as you want it should be "legal" unless you injure someone.

Ferstlerslim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Syracuse, NY
    Should it be legal?....YES, in my opinion. It appears as though it isn't effortless and doesn't appear as though it would be helpful in a tactical situation.

Logic aside, it will probably be banned too.

Dave

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    if you see the video where its made for bump fire its essentially not semi-auto any more and you can aim down sights and have full control. that has a very strong tactical use.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Of course it should be legal! If anything, it's not legal enough. In fact, we should make a new law to make it more legal!

What's the point of making new laws just for the sake of making new laws? Bump fire has no value, it's no faster or more consistant than jerking on the trigger quickly. In fact, the way it works would make the gun less accurate because of how much it moves around. So, should a system to make a gun work more poorly be made illegal? No, it'll work it's self out. Bad ideas usually do.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is one of the least meritorious ideas I have heard in some time. If you were to put legs on this, it is tantamount to outlawing semiautomatic weapons across the board as this is merely a stylized method of effectively working your trigger finger back and forth on the trigger faster than most people are coordinated enough to manage, specialized stocks to assist in the process notwithstanding (never mind that it can be done with no specialized equipment whatsoever). Otherwise, how to you put a 'speed limit' on someone's trigger finger?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    if you see the video where its made for bump fire its essentially not semi-auto any more and you can aim down sights and have full control. that has a very strong tactical use.

Yes, it is still semi-automatic.
    There is only one round being fired per trigger pull as per definition.

If you start adding exceptions to that rule you open the door to restricting that rule.

EVERYONE GET READY FOR MANUALLY COCKING THOSE HAMMERS!!!

Lets say I can shoot accurately at 10 rounds per second
    and further say that you can only shoot accurately at 2 rounds per second.

Should my fingers be made illegal? :dunno:

EDIT: IndyDave1776 is a faster typist than I am, he has infringed upon my first Amendment rights.
    His must be bumptyping his keyboard. THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!!!!

Top Bottom