• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Anybody have one, I just bought a Sar-8 and was looking for opinions on them, or any of the Sar variants. I was looking for the 6 but the 8 caught my attention so I jumped. Should be here in a few days. I'll definitely throw some pics up when it arrives.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I own a SAR 3, but it's not like the rest of the SAR family.

The SAR 4, 5, and 6 all have the same size of handle.

On the 4, the handle seems like it's too big for the knife, but when wearing gloves it'll work just fine and you can choke down on it and use it for chopping.

I've only fiddled with the 6 once, I wasn't impressed. I know people love them, but I thought there wasn't enough blade thickness and the balance was off.

I've only handled the 8 once as well and I loved it. Forward weight, plenty of umpf, and I can see it being a very useful knife.

I can't wait for your pics :D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i've played with both the sar6 and sar8. i really liked them both but if i could only grab one it would definitely be the 8 :) . its a great camp knife imo. big enough for most any task and still sized right enough for finer work.

which one did you get? and can't wait to see pics also

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a SAR3 and carry it most of the time. It is a great design and fits in your hand like it was meant to be there. I actually used mine to construct my Busse beer helmet.

I also have the SARSquatch, it is a good sized knife that just spoke to me as soon as I picked one up at the 1500... I didnt get one that day but it was on my shortlist, and I dont regret buying it at all ;)

Well without pics it doesnt matter much does it... the SAR3's gotten alot of use since these pics were taken...
    DSCF0833.jpg

DSCF0787.jpg

sar3.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The SAR 4, 5, and 6 all have the same size of handle.

Disregard that statement about the 5, I FUBAR'D that one up. Different handle, I don't know what I was thinking, it was a long night.

And since we're posting pics of SAR 3's next to SLUTS :D;)

How much bigger is the 8?

Here you go, pictures for comparison. The thread was actually started to compare all the SAR models, it got side tracked every now and then.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/843911-SAR4-vs-SAR5-vs-SAR6/page3

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Nice pics guys.

Well mine showed up today, WOW what a knife, I think i am going to agree about the size on this one it seems perfect. Came sharp, very sharp too.

Sorry for the crappy pics, they do not do it justice. I'll get some better ones when it is nicer out, and give some more thoughts on the knife once I get to use it.

001-8.jpg

002-7.jpg

CRK Umnumzaan for size comparison.

003-7.jpg

Top Bottom