asking or maybe even get more? I am guessing 0.0%

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    A lot of the selling at gun shows takes place in the aisles and hallways. People with walk around with "for sale" signs and if someone is interested they will approach and strike a deal. That's what they are meaning to do. You right, a dealer won't give them squat, but another private individual may give them closer to what they are looking for.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I tend to think that the price on an item offered for sale here on INGO is lower than what it will be offered to a private buyer at the 1500. I know if I were inclined to sell a firearm, I give it a go here first - but if I thought I had priced it fairly, yet it generated no interest, it'd go up at the 1500 for a higher asking price. So I guess what they seller is probably saying is "if you're interested, don't let the grass grow under your feet - I'm pretty sure I can find a buyer at the show".

dannyb89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Noblesville
    Agreed its probably a better deal here, but not everyone meets the requirements to buy and sell on INGO... I think I'm almost halfway there now! :D

Monster Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I frequently sell "in the aisles" at gun shows . I was at the Ohio Gun Collector's Show today and sold a rifle while walking around with a sign....I got my price, but not from a dealer.

I can't say about the 1500 though, as I avoid that show.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Agreed its probably a better deal here, but not everyone meets the requirements to buy and sell on INGO... I think I'm almost halfway there now! :D

Understandable, that rule is lame. I also love it when a seller says, "Last bump before it goes back into the safe."

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I dont think I bought a single thing from any of the tables at the last few 1500's. The happening spots are the isles. But yeah I never got the idea behind its going to the 500 or back in the safe. if you didnt want to sell it why did you list it? Or if you think you can get exactly what you want out of it at the 1500 why did you waste your time listing it somewhere else?

All those seem to be to me is a way to rush a buyer into something they may or may not really want.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I frequently sell "in the aisles" at gun shows . I was at the Ohio Gun Collector's Show today and sold a rifle while walking around with a sign....I got my price, but not from a dealer.

I can't say about the 1500 though, as I avoid that show.

Just an fyi, you may not want to post about selling a gun in Ohio if you are an Indiana resident. You are not legally allowed to do so.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I dont think I bought a single thing from any of the tables at the last few 1500's. The happening spots are the isles. But yeah I never got the idea behind its going to the 500 or back in the safe. if you didnt want to sell it why did you list it? Or if you think you can get exactly what you want out of it at the 1500 why did you waste your time listing it somewhere else?

All those seem to be to me is a way to rush a buyer into something they may or may not really want.
    They more than likely want to sell it before the 1500 so that they can walk in the show with cash in hand looking for the right deal.
    I agree they probably offer them here first a little cheaper than what they would ask at the gun shows.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    If I were going to sell something at the 1500, I'd ask more for it then I would here.

Honestly I preffer not to carry stuff around at the gun show. Every greasy dealer wants to fingure bang your firearm, then offer you 1/2 it's value. I know this is how they make money, but it's a waste of time for both of us. My experience with private sells at the gunshow isn't much different, 1/2 of them don't even know what they are looking at or what it's value is (or think I don't).

I find that posting an ad in the classified section is really easier. It cuts down on the window shoppers, and it's easier to deal with low ball offers. The people that are familiar with what I am selling, know the asking price is very reasonable, and make serious offers.

Top Bottom