By nature, do people just like to complain?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    I think so. It seems like 95% of the time, the conversations I hear are people complaining about something. I'm generally a pretty quiet person, if I don't have something good to say, I don't say much. Im not a fan of small talk or **** chat, I love my peace and quiet. Two weeks ago people were complaining it was too hot, now it's too rainy and chilly. Then there is always the president and/or economy to complain about. Gas prices are too high, etc etc. We aren't living in the best of times, but what good does complaining do?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It's a common way for people to spell the "S" word in an attempt to bypass the word filter, because they can't get their point across without cursing.

I thought we decided that skirting the filter just resulted in disciplinary actions?

I curse like a sailor on here sometimes, but I just spell the words out and the filter takes care of it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree, it's much harder to see the good in everything rather than the bad.

You lost your job? Good, more free time to finally do all the things you put on hold for too long.
    About to die? No more taxes to pay!
    See you can always find a good thing in bad things, this way no need to complain.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think a few of things come into play here. First of all, it's human nature to always want things to be better. When it's hot we wish it were cooler and then it's too cool so we want it to warm up. Second, small talk by nature is sort of uncomfortable. What do you really say to the the person when you're riding the elevator up a few floors? Most people just comment about the weather being too hot or whatever mundane topic they can think up. You really aren't going to get into much of a conversation so just pick a neutral topic and make the usual complaints. "'Oh it's so hot out today.' 'Yes it's just awful how hot it is, I agree with you.'" Finally, I've noticed a lot of people complain about things in order to make themselves look better. For example, if a person complains about a coworker it's sort of an indirect way of saying "I think what they do is a bad thing, but I don't do it, so that must make me good in that regard." Or when people complain about bad driving. "That other guy did this bad thing but I recognize that it's bad and I don't do it, so I want you to believe that I must therefore be a good driver." "I can't believe she cheated on her husband that way. The fact that I look down upon that behavior must be proof that I wouldn't ever do such a thing and am a better wife." Really, that's all anybody is doing when they complain about people behind their back. Also, complaining to someone sort of validates your position sometimes. It makes you feel like your complaint is valid if others agree with you. If I say that Obama is ruining our country and lots of people here agree, it validates my opinion in my mind. If I say that I'm tired of orphans getting free handouts and nobody agrees with me, then it tells me that maybe I should reevaluate my opinion.

Last edited:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    If life were perfect for everyone then you would hear complaints about being bored. I believe it's just human nature that a vast majority of people can't stand success.

Ask yourself honestly, are you a 'glass half empty' or 'glass have full' person.

As for me, complaining is a waste of heartbeats...and we are all limited to a finite number of those...best to take advantage of whatever I have remaining.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It edited out C H I T chat???:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I thought you ahd said "S chat" lol

I dont like people complaining about the weather. Like you said, they'll be like "oh its too hot" "oh its too cold" and then they'll cry when it RAINS!!! I dont think they realize if it DIDNT rain, we couldnt use water. Next time im going to tell em if they dont like it move to Texas.

There was some place in Texas that is actually recycling urine its so dry there. I mean come on people, do you REALLY need to be talking if its just to complain?

Top Bottom