• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Maybe this is a fund raising attempt? I.e. make a bunch of stuff illegal that people already own, and when they get caught, charge them fines, have them turn in the "illegal" stuff, and then sell it to make money.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    I wonder how far they will get before someone, or hopefully some group gets up and say "I have had enough and I am not going to take it anymore". File enough lawsuits in a state that doesn't have any money (as they like to brag) and when the lawyers start demanding pay, well it might just get interesting.

Until then, the sheep will get led around, and when the commiefornia police come to their door, they will happily surrender their rightfully owned firearms.

Will continue to at least 2014 mid-terms and most likely to at least 2016... But then again it is CA so I'm guessing indefinately

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I dont doubt the ridiculousness of the proposed measures, but Id be interested to see the exact words used in the bills. One in particular cracks me the fu</ up.

SB293: Calling Space Gordon... should anyone ever invent a "owner authorized" handgun, it would be illegal to sell a handgun in California that didn't contain such a 'safety' mechanism 18 months afterwards. No exemptions for spouses... although law enforcement would be exempt from this requirement.

Its like kids making up rules on a playground.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4AmLcBLZWY
    You cant triple stamp a double stamp Lloyd!

Lecaia713

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dont doubt the ridiculousness of the proposed measures, but Id be interested to see the exact words used in the bills. One in particular cracks me the fu</ up. SB293!

Ask and you shall receive. The amended Senate bill is now 2 years after 2 owner-authed handguns are placed on the registry, and they must accept more than one authorized user, however, all programming must be done by an FFL. Oh, and if the battery dies on the hand swipe, the gun must go to nonfunctional mode. I've been wondering if this bill might establish a monopoly... One company produces two owner authed handguns and patents their technology. Gee, now the only new guns on the registry are that one company's...

(c) In addition to complying with the provisions of subdivisions (a) and (b), as applicable, owner-authorized handguns shall comply with the following minimum performance standards:
    (1) The firearm shall not fail to recognize the authorized user, and shall not falsely recognize an unauthorized user, more than one time per thousand recognition attempts.
    (2) The time from first contact to use recognition and firearm enablement shall be no more than 0.3 seconds.
    (3) The time from loss of contact with the authorized user to firearm disablement shall be no more than 0.3 seconds.
    (4) When the firearm is enabled, the “ready” condition shall be indicated by a visible indicator.
    (5) If the recognition technology on the firearm is battery operated, the firearm shall be equipped with a low power indicator that emits an audible signal.
    (6) If the user is not recognized, or if the power supply fails, the firearm shall be inoperable.
    (7) Enabling authorized user information shall be stored in the firearm as permanent memory that is restored when power is restored.
    (8) The firearm shall be capable of use by more than one authorized user and, if the firearm uses hand recognition technology, it shall recognize either of the authorized user’s hands.
    (d) As used in this section, an “owner-authorized handgun” means a handgun that has a permanent programmable biometric or other permanent programmable feature as part of its original manufacture that renders the handgun incapable of being fired except when activated by the lawful owner or other users authorized by the lawful owner, and that cannot be readily deactivated.
    (1) An owner-authorized handgun shall only be programmed by a licensed firearms dealer.
    (2) Biometric data collected for purposes of programming the owner-authorized handgun shall not be used for any purpose other than programming the owner-authorized handgun.
    (3) The Department of Justice shall not retain any biometric data that may be stored in an owner-authorized handgun.
    (e) (1) A manufacturer that has developed an owner-authorized handgun meeting the minimum standards specified in subdivision (c) shall submit the handgun for testing pursuant to Section 31905 at the manufacturer’s expense before the handgun may be placed on the roster described in subdivision (a) of Section 32015.
    (2) The Department of Justice shall place the owner-authorized handgun on the roster if it meets the standards specified in subdivision (c).
    (3) If two owner-authorized handguns have been placed on the roster described in subdivision (a) of Section 32015, then commencing two years from the date that the second handgun was placed on the roster, no handgun may be placed on the roster by the Department of Justice that is not an owner-authorized handgun.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I am sure everyone who owns a 10+ mag will run right out go turn them in. Laws are becoming just like our currency.. Not worth the paper they are printed on.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Hilariously unconstitutional. There need to be consequences for legislators that attempt to vote away their fellow man's rights.

Top Bottom