Cabelas near Wheeling - Their gun selling process is nuts!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was in the Cabelas that is right on I-70 over Thanksgiving. If you've never been in that area, the store is located on the little 11 mile wide sliver of WV that is wedged between Ohio and Pennsylvania. So I'd guess that 75% of their business is to residents of those two states.

But they seemed to have it down. They must have FFLs in both states real close that they work with. Most customers were buying the guns and sealing them in Fedex boxes at the counter with the Salesperson. I'm assuming they buy one day and pick up across the border in their home state the next day.

Here's my question, do they have to fill out 4473's twice? Or just once on the receiving end? Would Cabelas ship it without knowing if they were legal?

Still the extra cost of the transfer fee and the shipping have to add $50 to every gun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was in the Cabelas that is right on I-70 over Thanksgiving. If you've never been in that area, the store is located on the little 11 mile wide sliver of WV that is wedged between Ohio and Pennsylvania. So I'd guess that 75% of their business is to residents of those two states.

But they seemed to have it down. They must have FFLs in both states real close that they work with. Most customers were buying the guns and sealing them in Fedex boxes at the counter with the Salesperson. I'm assuming they buy one day and pick up across the border in their home state the next day.

Here's my question, do they have to fill out 4473's twice? Or just once on the receiving end? Would Cabelas ship it without knowing if they were legal?

Still the extra cost of the transfer fee and the shipping have to add $50 to every gun.

Should be the same as an internet purchase. Pay for it, shop ships it to FFL in the state of the purchaser and the purchaser fills out 4473 at his in state FFL.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've been there a few times but never purchased a gun. Great store. I guess they have a warehouse outlet just up the road.

Good info to know for purchases though.

Top Bottom