• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Any of you able to take detailed photos of the interiors of your safes and email them to me?

I will provide you with the email address if you're willing.

I'm looking for:

Thickness of the steel where the door's locking lugs go when locked. Is this thin sheet steel or is it more substantial?

Gap width between the safe frame and the door (Like...can you stick a nail in it? A nickel? A penny? Dime? Credit card?)

Info I'd also like: Do the hinge-side locking lugs actuate or are they rigid? What kind of door organizer do you have if you have one?

Thanks.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I am not home to take measurements but I can tell you that the perimeter of the door is made with welded stock not folded sheet metal, the bolts on all four sides do actuate, the door gap is a bit more than I would desire but considering the strength of the safe's construction,it's going to take a hell of a lot more to pry it open vs a composite door safe.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    My door is 1/4" and the pocket? Jam?, Frame?, whatever you call the part of the safe the door recesses into is 1/2" all around with reenforced 1/4" steel to equal 3/4" where the bolts touch.

A nickel will fit all around but a nickel and dime stacked will not even come close to fitting.

I hang my AR's on the door with the coated pegboard hooks.

Make the trip to see Jeff. Call his flip phone first. Don't think he texts and it might be a long wait if you email. I have called him several times and been over several times. He is fantastic to work with and will make your doors and the rest of the safe as thick as you want. Only limited by your funds.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My door is 1/4" and the pocket? Jam?, Frame?, whatever you call the part of the safe the door recesses into is 1/2" all around with reenforced 1/4" steel to equal 3/4" where the bolts touch.

A nickel will fit all around but a nickel and dime stacked will not even come close to fitting.

I hang my AR's on the door with the coated pegboard hooks.

Make the trip to see Jeff. Call his flip phone first. Don't think he texts and it might be a long wait if you email. I have called him several times and been over several times. He is fantastic to work with and will make your doors and the rest of the safe as thick as you want. Only limited by your funds.

Thank you so much for this information!

Top Bottom