• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I have a 225a1 I picked up recently. Upon inspection of all contents of paperwork in case, I found a couple receipts from sig custom shop for xray sights and trigger work. Also a receipt for Robert Burke, the sig armorer, for an action job.

trigger seems noticeably better than other sigs I’ve had, not quite as nice as worked on Cz trigger but that could be my Cz bias.

I know we all hear about Cz triggers and CZC and cgw. Don’t hear or know much about Robert Burke or sig custom shop. All I know from receipts is they aren’t cheap.

any thoughts/info would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It probably is your bias. Your use to what your use to
    I've carried SIGs job wise since 1994. Sig triggers are different from a CZ especially CZ custom but theres nothing wrong with them.

I have no clue about Mr Burke but, You have to remember a Sig is purley a duty gun. Custom CZs are more geared towards gun games

That said I have seen a ton more AD's and DQd by folks with CZs than Sigs. Both in the de cocking process as well as in between target transitions whem they wernt suppose to shoot (little less forgiving on the un indexed trigger finger than other makes)

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I totally agree with some of the CZs get way too light especially when the work is done by some YouTube Trained gunsmith. I actually don’t like super light triggers especially when added to super short resets. I am really liking the sig. 225a1 is my favorite sig to begin with so having the xray sights instead of the junk sig lites and the trigger work is just a bonus.

It probably is your bias. Your use to what your use to
    I've carried SIGs job wise since 1994. Sig triggers are different from a CZ especially CZ custom but theres nothing wrong with them.

I have no clue about Mr Burke but, You have to remember a Sig is purley a duty gun. Custom CZs are more geared towards gun games

That said I have seen a ton more AD's and DQd by folks with CZs than Sigs. Both in the de cocking process as well as in between target transitions whem they wernt suppose to shoot (little less forgiving on the un indexed trigger finger than other makes)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no comparing a Sig even with a very well shot in Pre-B CZ. Just not in the same arena. Let alone a well done CZ from CGW's which is my go to. Cajun Customs falls a bit short by comparison and they are stupid proud of the work they do. JMHO of course but I have a friend that re-worked the 2 C Customs I owned and they were pure butter when I got them back from him. Not stupid light just butter smooth.

Nope, no Sigs.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I agree totally about the smoothness means way more than weight. I feel the action work this it has had was focused on that. I’m pretty impressed with it honestly. Especially for a sig lol

There is no comparing a Sig even with a very well shot in Pre-B CZ. Just not in the same arena. Let alone a well done CZ from CGW's which is my go to. Cajun Customs falls a bit short by comparison and they are stupid proud of the work they do. JMHO of course but I have a friend that re-worked the 2 C Customs I owned and they were pure butter when I got them back from him. Not stupid light just butter smooth.

Nope, no Sigs.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I carry a P225a1 but decided I wanted something with more capacity so I just picked up a CZ 75 D PCR today. I'm curious about your comments, I'll be carrying the PCR AIWB and want to make sure I know anything special I should be aware. Thanks.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    if you keep stock it’s good to go. It’s when people go insane trying to get lightest possible trigger pull and shortest resets is when problems can happen

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I carry a P225a1 but decided I wanted something with more capacity so I just picked up a CZ 75 D PCR today. I'm curious about your comments, I'll be carrying the PCR AIWB and want to make sure I know anything special I should be aware. Thanks.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I totally agree with some of the CZs get way too light especially when the work is done by some YouTube Trained gunsmith. I actually don’t like super light triggers especially when added to super short resets. I am really liking the sig. 225a1 is my favorite sig to begin with so having the xray sights instead of the junk sig lites and the trigger work is just a bonus.

A trigger can either be very light OR very short, but doing both on any gun that doesn’t live on a rest exclusively is a mistake, imho.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I totally agree. As much as I love Cz I will take a stock trigger over any upgrades any day of the week.

A trigger can either be very light OR very short, but doing both on any gun that doesn’t live on a rest exclusively is a mistake, imho.

Top Bottom