• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hewitt

Plinker
    Jul 27, 2016
    Solsberry
    Just wondering if there will be any shoots at camp atterbury this year? Haven't seen any posted on appleseed site in quite a while. Had a great time there when wolf ammo sponsored it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Appleseed just ran a KD down in Evansville the same weekend Revere's Riders ran a KD at Atterbury. Both are good programs but I haven't had time to help unless it's NRA related. Only one program gives me credits for my instructor certifications.

The Appleseed crew just posted 2 Indy area shoots on the schedule:

Jonesboro, IN Aug 13-14th
    INFO: https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=743&id_event=4736

&

Indianapolis, IN Oct 22-23th
    INFO: https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=169&id_event=4745

For info on Revere's Riders events go here: Revere's Riders | Shooting Sports - American History - Civic Engagement

Skeeter24

Plinker
    Dec 11, 2015
    Greenfield
    Nate- I don't have enough posts and can't PM (I tried). Who can I contact for info about CIHPRS? I checked the link but no contact info. I have questions about the programs and equipment and the site uses a lot of "lingo" that I don't know.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Jul 20, 2015
    You are talkin to a good one. What do you want to know?

PM if you want. Maybe we can have a chat...I speak faster than I type.

-Nate

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Appleseed just ran a KD down in Evansville the same weekend Revere's Riders ran a KD at Atterbury.
    7 shooters showed up to Evansville for an event that's been posted on the Appleseed website for how long? Meanwhile, 18 shooters signed up for the Revere's Riders event that was posted with about two weeks til go time.

Appleseed is sending people from other states to run events here in the Hoosier because they chose to fire almost the entire cadre of volunteers in the Midwest. The reason? Those volunteers had outgrown Appleseed. Those volunteers were too successful and had overstepped their bounds of remaining a small, quiet organization. Those volunteers selflessly did what it takes to spread the message of Apr. 19th, 1775 to the masses, and to bring several new programs online aiding in the expansion and reach of a History organization that spreads Marksmanship skills and fires up Americans to take Civic action.

I won't say anything bad about the Appleseed cadre. They're top notch volunteers. But, what you're going to see at those events is folks who are still relatively new volunteers and they may or may not have experience on anything other than slowly shooting rifles on a static firing line. Some instructors are active outside of their organization but Appleseed's course curriculum doesn't offer anything except that. You get an intro to field shooting and then, if you're lucky, you can shoot out to 500 yards.

With Revere's Riders you're going to get instructors who've been doing this for several years and who participate in more than one discipline. They're more experienced and approach the instruction with more than just "there's one way to do it" in mind. You'll become a more well-rounded shooter. Simply put, you'll get more bang for your buck and more opportunity to transition into other shooting disciplines.

I'm not saying you shouldn't go to Appleseed... just saying the die is cast.

The Appleseed crew just posted 2 Indy area shoots on the schedule:
    I encourage everyone to go to these. Appleseed is a wonderful program and the events are fun. You will get good training at these events and it's the 2nd best rifle training in the country!

Skeeter24

Plinker
    Dec 11, 2015
    Greenfield
    You are talkin to a good one. What do you want to know?

PM if you want. Maybe we can have a chat...I speak faster than I type.

-Nate

I can't PM yet (only 3 posts now). Can you PM me with email and I will follow-up. I don't know if that is a violation...I hope not. I checked the rules and did not see anything regarding PMs.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Jul 20, 2015
    I can't PM yet (only 3 posts now). Can you PM me with email and I will follow-up. I don't know if that is a violation...I hope not. I checked the rules and did not see anything regarding PMs.

Sent it!

-Nate

Skeeter24

Plinker
    Dec 11, 2015
    Greenfield
    Sent it!

-Nate

Ok Thanks. I sent you an email on your other line. Get back to me and we can see what gear I have and how I can get started. Seems like a stretch to just sign up and go to the shoot this week but maybe I'm game. I don't have dope on anything but an M4 in 5.56 with an ACOG. I have other gear that might work.

Top Bottom