• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Can a kel tec sub2000 be re configured? Example, if it is configured to accept glock mags, can it be re-worked to accept beretta mags? I want one, in .40 cofigured for beretta mags, but seem to be having trouble locating one....Sort of thinking this may be easier.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I did call Kel-tec and they said that there is no way to change the style of mag because the magwell is an integral part of the receiver.

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    I actually own one of these guns and the grip is all one piece with the lower. It is like it is molded altogether. So I doubt there is any way to change the style of mags they take. As for finding one that will take the beretta mags, you won't find one. kel tec did not make one to fit beretta, as beretta makes it own style of rifle.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I actually own one of these guns and the grip is all one piece with the lower. It is like it is molded altogether. So I doubt there is any way to change the style of mags they take. As for finding one that will take the beretta mags, you won't find one. kel tec did not make one to fit beretta, as beretta makes it own style of rifle.
    Well now this I know is not true. They were made in several configurations and all either accept GLOCK or BERETTA mags and apparently S&W and Sig also..

The 9mm SUB-2000 can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK17, GLK19, S&W59, BERETTA92, SIG226.
    The .40 SUB-2000 can be configured in the following magazine types: GLK22, GLK23, BERETTA96, S&W4006, SIG226.

Since I HAVE a CX4 and a 90-two both in .40 that accept the same mags I would also like my sub2k to be .40 and accept the same mags. The interesting thing is that my CX4 has a grip that is one piece with the "lower" where the mags go and it IS reconfigurable by switching out a "sleeve" inside of it. Hence the question of being able to reconfig the kel-tec

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The angle of the Glock and all others is different. So I know you can't convert from Glock to anything, but I thought you could convert between non-Glock models. No confidence in that.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Throttlejockey...I am the one that sent you the pm with my cell number last night. I just got off the phone with my friend and he has a 9mm beretta in stock...says he will check around to see if he can find the .40 beretta sub2k. Says he doesn't get much call for them but will attempt to get one. His price usually is 339.00...says don't pay more for it if you find one. I have the 9mm glock version I bought off a member here and love it! Like I said feel free to call me if you need the info.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Throttlejockey...I am the one that sent you the pm with my cell number last night. I just got off the phone with my friend and he has a 9mm beretta in stock...says he will check around to see if he can find the .40 beretta sub2k. Says he doesn't get much call for them but will attempt to get one. His price usually is 339.00...says don't pay more for it if you find one. I have the 9mm glock version I bought off a member here and love it! Like I said feel free to call me if you need the info.
    Cool. Thank you! Sorry I didn't call yet, been shoveling snow and hauling wood.....almost have enough to finish this winter off....

Top Bottom