Can anyone tell me anything about this Randall knife?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    So roughly 15 years ago I was given this knife. It was donated to a church rummage sale and the ladies running the sale weren't comfortable selling it so they gave it to me because I was a Boy Scout...
    I used it for quite a bit of random uses for about 10 years and about 5 years ago I put it in my toolbox and more or less forgot about it.
    Today I saw it while digging thought my toolbox and since I have been looking at knifes on this forum lately I thought I would throw up some pics and see if anyone knows anything about it, (its intended use, any ways to restore it, any ideas on what it is worth, etc.)

I have never cleaned or sharpened the knife... the handle is wearing away in some places and if I had to guess I would say it is leather.

It is 9" long, the handle is about 4.25 inches and the blade is about 4.75 inches.

I apologize in advance for the blurry pictures, only had my cell phone camera handy

Here is a picture of it in the sheath, the snaps on the sheath say "RANDALL MADE ORLANDO, FLA"
    picture.php

Here it is with the blade up, the blade says "WILLARD MARION" on it
    picture.php

Here it is with the blade down, the blade says "RANDALL MADE ORLANDO, FLA"
    picture.php

I found their website https://www.randallknives.com/ but couldn't pinpoint a specific model or anything

Thanks for any replies

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Looks like a Trailblazer #27. Search Ebay for Randall Knife, some of the prices are surreal.

ahh, thanks for the ebay tip. Looking around at the various Randall knives on ebay it looks nearly identical to the listings on ebay for a Vintage Model 4, the bands on the handle seem to have the same color patterns. Yes the prices on those are surreal lol

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Given that is probably a 500 dollar knife I would start treating it a little nicer :D . Nice gift for a Boy Scout! WILLARD MARION was probably who the knife was originally made for, all Randall knives are customs orders.

It is a Model 4 btw. https://www.randallknives.com/catalog.php?action=modeldetail&id=13

I would seriously consider returning it to Randall for restoration.

Aye, I shall take it out of the toolbox and see what I can do to treat it better. Maybe getting some restoration work done would be nice, or maybe I will see about other scenarios... Either way a great gift that I had no idea was worth anything until today lol

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Good for you! My first (and only) Randall, and two Marbles, all came out of plumbers tool boxes. None have been restored, but they still skin elk just fine.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    ^^^^^^^ i would do this^^^^^^^ if it were my knife. bring that thing back to it original beauty

BTW, thats one heck of a free knife!

Restoration is an option, I wish I knew what it was when i got it lol, oh the ignorance of being a teenager and the days before Google... I am thinking I will hold onto it for the moment but I may end up looking for a trade or something. Like I said it has been sitting in my toolbox for 5 years and hasn't really been used since I got it at least 15 years ago, it would probably be better off with someone who can appreciate it lol

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Randall

They are great custom knives. It's a tradition in some soldiers' families to buy the next generation a Randall fighting knife b4 their first deployment.

Don't know if restored is worth more or historical wear is but if you aren't going to use it you really ought to trade or sell it (or give it.PICK ME! PICK ME!):D to someone who will use it for it's intended purpose.

It's a fine tool and you were very lucky to rcv it.:yesway:

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Just thought I would give a small update, after posting for more info in a Randall Knife forum it appears that this knife is a Model 7 "Fisherman-Hunter" not a model 4, they look very similar but I think the difference is the handle shape
    https://www.randallknives.com/catalog.php?action=modeldetail&id=12

Oh well great knife either way.

Quit telling him how great it is!! I'm trying to trade him for it!!

Yeah I have had a few trade offers come in :), once my site supporter status is applied or I hit 50 posts I will most likely be making a post in the classifieds so that this knife can be with someone who appreciates it

Top Bottom