• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L. Cranston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    ne. Indiana
    This is my 2nd season shooting IDPA, last shoot this Saturday. I've been tracking my scores, trying to figure out if I can get info from the numbers that can show me where/what/how I can improve.
    With every stage different, I haven't been able to correlate much in the way of analysis.
    Anybody come up with things to learn from the numbers?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    About the only thing that can be learned from simply reviewing scores is to find out what percentage of penalties you are shooting compared to raw time. For example, some shooters want 10% of time earned in penalties relative to raw time. If one's overall match score is 100 points, you'd want to see something in the range of 10 seconds lost to penalties (20 points down). If the percentage is substantially over this, you know you need to improve on accuracy. If substantially below, you know you need to pick up the pace.

This can be helpful, but not quite so helpful as reviewing the score while you can still somewhat remember the match.

And none of it is as helpful as a good dryfire, live fire and mental preparation regime:twocents:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This is my 2nd season shooting IDPA, last shoot this Saturday. I've been tracking my scores, trying to figure out if I can get info from the numbers that can show me where/what/how I can improve.
    With every stage different, I haven't been able to correlate much in the way of analysis.
    Anybody come up with things to learn from the numbers?
    Video of you shooting the stages or match is a great way to look for things to improve.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    What I usually got from looking at IDPA scores is "I could have improved my score if I'd have taken the extra fraction of a second to get some more As."

You can get generalities from the scores.... eg if your time is better than the match winner, but you have dozens more points down, then you probably need to focus on better hits.... on the flip side, if you have almost no points down, but are slower than mollassis, you need to take just a little more risk in your sight picture, and MOVE when not shooting.

IDPA is very accuracy heavy, more so than even uspsa/minor, so you HAVE to get good hits, but be very fast in all your other movements, reloads, etc.

-rvb

Top Bottom