Can someone recommend an electronic scale?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So do you have to mathmatically convert between the grains measurement for powder charges and the grams measurement of the scale?

No. It has a grain measurement scale. Believe me, I don't want to be doing math!:)

Last edited:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I too bought a cheaper model that had good reviews from Cabelas. It totally sucked and was all over the place. Cabelas stands behind their product and allowed me to ship it back and I took a credit for it.

Bought the RCBS charge master scale dispenser combo and it has been great and that was several years ago now. It is dead nuts on with my LEE balance beam scale that came with my LEE kit. Very happy with it and would recommend it. I also waited for a sale then paid in my Cabelas points then also got the rebate. Basically stole the darn thing.

Is the RCBS dispenser model kinda slow?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I get about a average of 20 seconds per charge. There are some tweaks on the net that can be done to increase speed but they must be used with caution or it will over throw. I tweaked mine slightly but didn't get to overzealous.

20 Seconds? How many grains is this approximately?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Is the RCBS dispenser model kinda slow?

Yes I thought it was kind of slow and didn't realize it could be tweaked. Maybe I will look into tweaking it a bit so far it is how it came out of the box.

I only really use the dispenser part for working up new loads then setup the thrower to load a bunch. I also use it for precision rifle loads one at a time. It is a nice tool to have.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Yes I thought it was kind of slow and didn't realize it could be tweaked. Maybe I will look into tweaking it a bit so far it is how it came out of the box.

I only really use the dispenser part for working up new loads then setup the thrower to load a bunch. I also use it for precision rifle loads one at a time. It is a nice tool to have.

So you just use it for the scales only also? It does both? Have Redding beam scales and their terribly slow for setting up a load. I'm asking because right now just loading for pistols and looking into precision rifles. Have read many good things about RCBS chargemaster. It seems like I'm always wanting to try a new powder or change something to find that perfect load or to satisfy my curiosity.

Top Bottom