can you buy more than one handgun a month in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ptberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Westside Indianapolis
    I read this at ATF website. Checking out on how to get FFL. Nothing on a limit but ATF is contacted.
    18 USC 923(g)(6). Reports of multiple sales of two or more handguns sold at one time or during any five consecutive business days are also required to be submitted to ATF.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And, since SB 292 became state law, your buying habits will STAY unregulated, too. Be very thankful it did pass, so that townships, cities, etc, cannot limit our purchases to 1/month or something silly like that.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Yup. I've bought multiple guns from dealers on more occasions than I can recall. Paranoid people have told me that I should not do that because the multiple purchases get reported. So what, this is not secret information, the guv'mint has the info, they cleared the transfers, no black helicopters have flown over, no midnight SWAT visits...
    Late to the party, but multiple handgun purchases require a notice to be sent to local law enforcement. They're supposed to trash them after receiving the notice, but that's not always the case. I could see this bothering some folks.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Actually, I would like to test buying 1 a month for about 12 years worth just to say I did. Sadly, my checking account won't really go for that.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Well I'm trying to live up to INGO standards :) in the past week I've aquired an American Classic Commander, and a Mauser marked Hi Power clone, both are real shooters and I'm very pleased with both. And there is a S&W Mod 19 on layaway waiting for the completion of a sale of a rifle I have on consignment and a local shop... As much as I would like to continue I'm going to have to work at getting my Dillon set up and start cranking out some ammo to feed the beast :)

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Just don't buy them from some guy in alley!:):

Why not?!?! I actually sold an INGO member a shotgun in an alley in Bloomington:laugh:

It was the best place I could find so he could actually look it over without somebody seeing us and having a freak out session.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    West of Louisville
    Two handguns in the same week (5 buisness days) from the same FFL will require the FFL to submit paper work to the ATF and local sheriffs department. So, just purchase as many guns as you please from different FFL's or don't worry about it. I do multiple purchases from the same dealer and never had anyone ringing my door bell.

Top Bottom