• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Hey INGO! Long time, no see. I need a new pistol like I need a hole in my head. (he he he, see what I did there?) Still, I am amused by the thought of using .gov stimulus money to support a suffering industry. AKA, buy a new pistol! Now granted I haven't called anybody else because I like to buy from Bradis, but Bradis isn't answering the phone this afternoon. Understand that I'm not exactly married to Bradis, I just hate paying twice to three times the value for a gun, so Bradis it is! SO........ What is the procedure for buying a pistol nowadays? Curbside pick-up? Delivery? What? Just asking.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Here's some info on Bradis: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/gun-shops-class-iii-ranges/479247-bradis-guns.html

and then they updated on facebook to state the following:

The owner of Bradis has made the very difficult decision to close the shop for the entire month of April. This is as diifficult for us as it is for our loyal customers. We are very torn over this decision but at the end of the day we want to do our part to protect employees, customers and the community weve served for 36yrs by not spreading the covid 19 virus. We will open back up for business on May 1st ready to rock n roll!! We appreciate your understanding and ongoing support and look forward to seeing you all on May 1st. Be safe and God bless!!

That said, I'm sure others are open, just need to call around. Might check PSS and some others.

You'll still need to fill out the paperwork if you are purchasing through a dealer, so some interaction (not sure if any shops are doing that curbside, etc) will be required or hit the classifieds, etc.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    USDS is also closed. Though if you want something you know they have, I'm sure Chad or Mike might meet you at the shop to make the deal. They are pretty responsive on Facebook.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I would never want to discourage you from buying a new gun, but I wouldn't say the firearms industry is struggling. Sales are through the roof.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Beech Grove Firearms is open limited hours. Not sure on their selection, guns were flying off the shelf. The gun industry ain't suffering right now.
    Might check Plainfield Shooting Supply, they are usually as good or better than Bradis on price. Don't know if they are open or not, give them a call.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Parabellum in Avon had several cases full of pistols when I was there a few days ago. I think their hours are 10 to 6 for the moment and only the sales floor is open but I'm hearing that the range may reopen for limited shooters one day next week.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Indiana Gun Club is open and WELL stocked , they pretty much have everything hell even still had cases of 9mm for $160 a week ago

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Indiana Gun Club is open and WELL stocked , they pretty much have everything hell even still had cases of 9mm for $160 a week ago
    I'll wager that ammo won't last long now:rockwoot:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Sean posted this earlier today, and he is a site supporter.

Atkinson Firearms is open for business and we have a great selection of firearms in stock! Glock, Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger and more in stock. We are getting new Inventory in daily. We have all calibers of ammo in stock as well!! Atkinson Firearms wants to thank you for your business.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sean posted this earlier today, and he is a site supporter.

Atkinson Firearms is open for business and we have a great selection of firearms in stock! Glock, Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger and more in stock. We are getting new Inventory in daily. We have all calibers of ammo in stock as well!! Atkinson Firearms wants to thank you for your business.

Nice!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey INGO! Long time, no see. I need a new pistol like I need a hole in my head. (he he he, see what I did there?) Still, I am amused by the thought of using .gov stimulus money to support a suffering industry. AKA, buy a new pistol! Now granted I haven't called anybody else because I like to buy from Bradis, but Bradis isn't answering the phone this afternoon. Understand that I'm not exactly married to Bradis, I just hate paying twice to three times the value for a gun, so Bradis it is! SO........ What is the procedure for buying a pistol nowadays? Curbside pick-up? Delivery? What? Just asking.
    I ordered one online a couple of weeks ago and had it transferred to my LGS. I just made sure to call the store and make sure they were still open and accepting transfers. When I went to pick it up, I went right in the store and did the 4473. Easy Peasy.

Top Bottom