• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Although my wife is not a shooting enthusiast like I am, she helps me enjoy my hobby. If I ask her if she wants to do any shooting she will likely as not come out back and crank off a few rounds with me. She will shoot anything from a .22 to the .44mag although she prefers the .22.:): A while back I had given up finding a bullet trap, my wife managed to find one and buy it for me. When I talked about putting in a 100yd range in our backyard, she found RR ties for the backstop and a place to get the tons of dirt I need to go behind the ties. She even saves our milk jugs so I have some fun targets to blow up. When it comes to carrying a handgun the only thing she has ever said is "are you packing?".:D After 40yrs I still think I'm a lucky guy. Now if I could just get her interested in casting bullets and reloading.:):

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    good woman ya got there. imo, find the one thing she wants most and supprise her with it.

good to hear a story that isnt all divorce and rage once in a while.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    good woman ya got there. imo, find the one thing she wants most and supprise her with it.

good to hear a story that isnt all divorce and rage once in a while.

I have always tried to do that. She has been so good about supporting me in whatever I do that I do my best to make sure she is happy and has what she wants. Your suggestion is a good one, at least it has always worked for me.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Grumpe(her INGO ID) is great in this department.She actually owns more rifles than I do at this point. At the last 1500 show the guys selling ammo against the back wall got a huge kick out of her.She was arguing with me about needing more ammo.We where picking up a couple cases and she said something to the effect "That is great,but what are you going to shoot?better let me buy you a case". The guy laughed and said now that is a good woman,wish mine would buy her own ammo,and then tell me she needed to buy me some...better hang on to her.
    She reminds me of that story often lol.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I am pretty lucky too that my wife encourages me to go to the range when I need to unwind. Just like twostepadin said support her needs too. That is one off the greatest advise in marriage that you can give.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I am beginning to wonder if it has something to do with being married a long time.
    My wife, also of 40 years, when I told her that Natchez had PMC 9mm on sale for $9.95 a box, said "we had better get a case, then". Gotta love the redhead.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Its always nice to be able to share a hobby with your significant other. Makes all those new gun purchases that much easier;). My biggest problem with my GF an I is keeping her in enough ammo to shoot:D

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Although my wife is not a shooting enthusiast like I am, she helps me enjoy my hobby. If I ask her if she wants to do any shooting she will likely as not come out back and crank off a few rounds with me. She will shoot anything from a .22 to the .44mag although she prefers the .22.:): A while back I had given up finding a bullet trap, my wife managed to find one and buy it for me. When I talked about putting in a 100yd range in our backyard, she found RR ties for the backstop and a place to get the tons of dirt I need to go behind the ties. She even saves our milk jugs so I have some fun targets to blow up. When it comes to carrying a handgun the only thing she has ever said is "are you packing?".:D After 40yrs I still think I'm a lucky guy. Now if I could just get her interested in casting bullets and reloading.:):

Dude, she is AWESOME!

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis

Don't waste your money buying lottery tickets. Sounds like you already won. Any more would just be greedy.:D

Top Bottom