• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I don't know, you know what would be great?

If INGO had a FAQ!!!

You can not post attachments you need to host off site at photobucket or something like that.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    INGO has a FAQ? How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the win

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    INGO has a FAQ? How do I attach a file to a post?

[STRIKE]To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the win[/STRIKE]

File uploading is disabled on INGO.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    what is the reason behind this. server space.

Because it's a gigantic hit on our bandwidth bill. The policy was implemented two server moves ago and was never rescinded because of the dramatic impact it had.

OK if this is not the method why the heck is it in the FAQ?

Because the part of the FAQ you quoted is the default vBulletin FAQ and not the INGO FAQ. It would be better if it included the phrase "If the system administrator has enabled the function..." or something to that effect.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Well and I have to admit that I copied and pasted without reading the whole thing. If I had taken the time to actually read it I would have realized that this was not correct. Sorry!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not a big fan of the vBulletin FAQ. It's useful because it tells you how to use the mechanics of the site, but it's out of date for the way INGO is configured. We've actually been working on getting all the FAQs and stickies cleaned up and organized, but it's a big job and I have no idea when it will be complete.

Top Bottom