• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Not entirely true either. If I borrow your car and u have no insurance, my policy covers me in that vehicle. But will only pay out for the other damages-not to your vehicle.

What I am getting at is that there are so many variables here that we don't know, after all it was on the NEWS;). I do want to hear the outcome.

Your personal policy is not going to override the vehicle owners policy. Driving somebody elses uninsured vehicle is a whole 'nother can of worms. You can not have tags and not have some sort of liability policy. Here comes BMV suspending the owners license and other nice things.

Might be a good question for LEO heres too. You might even get a ticket in the situation you brought up.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If the owners try to default on the bank that loaned them the money, they are just as big of thieves as the scum that stole the truck. The bank is in no way responsible for the owner's loss. If your house was robbed, would you be justified in stopping your mortgage payments? This is the owner's problem to solve not the bank's.

Not even close to the same thing. Try this instead: the electrician you hired to update your fuse box to a breaker box screwed up and your house burnt down. Now you might have a workable analogy.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Anytime you leave your vehicle at a shop and sign a repair auth, read what it says, everyone I have ever seen says they are not responsible for any fire/theft/damage caused to your vehicle nor responsible for anything stolen out of it.

They are going to have full coverage, since they said they have a loan on it. Their insurance company will cover any needed repairs due to the theft and may or may not try and subrogate the damage with the dealership insurance company.

Its no different than if you borrowed your friends truck and had an at fault accident. Your personal car insurance policy isn't going to cover it, the owners insurance policy will.

Yup, yup exactly what I am saying.

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN
    Not even close to the same thing. Try this instead: the electrician you hired to update your fuse box to a breaker box screwed up and your house burnt down. Now you might have a workable analogy.

Really? An electrician burns down your house and the bank that loaned you money to buy the house is responsible. How do you make that connection?

Top Bottom